• ZERO_ NEVER HAD ONE

Votes: 14 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How about the shower in High School? It started when...oh that's right, he said no stories.
icon7.gif

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, far too many when a young hothead. None since beginning MA's.

Honestly, think I'd feel ashamed to find out I was stepping off against someone who'd trained in the MA's as I had. What's all the training about, then--just how to strike and throw, e.g., become a better thug? Or has the training truly been about conquering some part of myself, and using the physical tools only in an emergency? The latter, I'd like to think. :)

And to use the skills against some poor Friday night drunk or two...that kinda rankles me, as well. I wonder if this means I've turned into a pacifist...? :lol:

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
a few, and they were SD situations.. im still here.. so I won.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Real fights...chaos..anything goes...none stop...no rules...anyone can join in anytime against you....weapons can come in anytime too!

Does your martial trains for this type of fighting against one or more in the adrenline and different enviroment from a class room...?

Class room training is one thing? .....a REAL fight is always different.....

Most people will fight the way they train......Aloha

PS: had my shares too! (before learning any martial arts)...after learning..best to avoid any fighting.....

Two people went to Jail for just punching a person in the head...(false crack) and kill those people....(Hawaii) and sentence to 10 years....

It doesn't take much to KIll someone? ...best be smart and leave alive

Aloha

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
QUI- GONG, I just let you tell that one

For everyone else Lets define a street fight as a brawl outside of the dojo. I’m willing to be flexible on this

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
still learning I never said you had to be in the martial arts when the fight took place.
All I am looking for is a list of those who admit to being in a violent situation durring thier adult life.

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I had 2-4 because there were a few, but now that I am older and smarter I avoid places that those are liklely to happen and I am all the wiser for it.

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well it seems so far that most have had 2-4 or way to many fights.
Those statistics do not surprise me.
Any more folks care to jump in so I/we can get a better feel on this

HEY how come I am not seeing much out of the ladies on this I truly do not believe that none of them have ever been in a fight

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
well it seems so far that most have had 2-4 or way to many fights.
Those statistics do not surprise me.
Any more folks care to jump in so I/we can get a better feel on this

HEY how come I am not seeing much out of the ladies on this I truly do not believe that none of them have ever been in a fight
Is it just one fight if you were fighting more than one person?

Not counting the brawls i've been in on the job, which would add up to the dozens......just the ones as a private citizen 'in the wrong place at the wrong time'.......since the age of 18........about 9 seperate fights, including one in Texas where I fought 2 guys at the same time (Texas is a good place to get in to a fight, by the way;)).

kailat

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've had way too many...I fought alot growing up, and I ran w/ a crowd that we seemed to always find ourselves in "the mix" so to speak...Then when I grew up and got involved in law enforcement, working in prisons, and on the street as a police officer. Seems i've had my fair share.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I didn't answer "too many" but being homeless for a while one ends up fighting more than they want to.
I remember one time this guy had... uh...oh yeah... no stories... sorry.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
sure dose

playgrounds (as an adult)
ally ways
parks
parking lots
etc.

Let's see. In about the 5th grade, Golthwaite Texas, I totaly beat the snot out of a kid who laughed at my cowboy chaps. I mean I was on him and pounding the stuffings out of him till the teachers got me off him (which means... don't laugh at my cowboy chaps, ok?)

In high school I was in at least three I remember. In one, the kid, seeking revenge as I had whipped him earlier in the day, came back at the end of school with a board. Stupid kid got to close while jaw-jawing. I jumped him.

That was the last time I ever was in a 'street' fight (and kids stopped calling me 'professor' about that time to.)

Oh, I did, along with a good friend, back up a manager of a bar once. Since all three of us were in TKD, all black belts, and the manager let us in without cover charge, well we felt obliged to help when he told some crumbs to leave his establishment. We all stood stairing at them and they left, and there was no fight.

Deaf

Ybot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
How come there is no option for ZERO? I guess "not enough" but IMO that's not the case. I haven't ever been in a "street fight" and I plan on keeping it that way.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How come there is no option for ZERO? I guess "not enough" but IMO that's not the case. I haven't ever been in a "street fight" and I plan on keeping it that way.

Me too!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I wish I was able to say that, but it was the timeframe and the school I attended. It was just part of a good weekend of fun.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wish I was able to say that, but it was the timeframe and the school I attended. It was just part of a good weekend of fun.
Yeah, right. :D Rationalize any way ya want, but it still comes out the same. :lol: Just kidding, Terry, sheesh. ;) Not all of us can be like Ybot and Kacey.

Latest Discussions