A friend of mine is making soap.

drop bear127 3

Sr. Grandmaster
Screenshot_20260808_063056_Facebook.webp


Its a weird story this one. One of our coaches and long time friend Dan Zealand. Has been in the chemical cleaning? Business for a while selling organic fertiliser and disinfectant and a whole rage of stuff for industrial use mostly.

And it is the business. It is organic, anti fungal, anti viral, safe to use. And so on. A bunch of science I dont understand.

And it is a proper local business. The factory is 500m from where we train.

And so we started buying ut as soap and laundry detergent. Which Aparently he can just make. Depending on what people want.

So anyway. We have been pushing him to sell soap for combat sports.

Which is a big thing if you don't want staf.

And now that's finally happened. We have our own home grown fight soap.

Which is cool.

 
Side note. Staph is a real thing. I get it as mostly just an irritation. But people have been seriously messed up by it.

In mid-2025, former MMA fighter and Olympic wrestler Ben Askren suffered a near-fatal health crisis when a minor elbow cut developed into a severe staph infection and necrotizing pneumonia. He spent weeks in critical care, underwent a life-saving double lung transplant, and later reported that his heart stopped four times during the ordeal.

 
As our antibiotics become less and less effective due to bacterial resistance, this will become more common. Eventually, they won’t be able to perform simple procedures for fear of sepsis etc.

Let’s hope the world burns/gets hit by an asteroid before then. I favour the latter☄️
 
As our antibiotics become less and less effective due to bacterial resistance, this will become more common. Eventually, they won’t be able to perform simple procedures for fear of sepsis etc.

Let’s hope the world burns/gets hit by an asteroid before then. I favour the latter☄️
Aparently they are going back to using honey in some cases.

I am very cautious with my own antibiotics use. I use it sparingly and make sure I take the full course.
 
Aparently they are going back to using honey in some cases.
Yes you can pour it into infected wounds, but you can’t inject it for infections ‘somewhere in the body’.
I am very cautious with my own antibiotics use. I use it sparingly and make sure I take the full course.
It’s the meat/poultry industry that overuse them and produce antibiotic resistance…and possibly the vetinary industry.
 
Aparently they are going back to using honey in some cases.

I am very cautious with my own antibiotics use. I use it sparingly and make sure I take the full course.
Manuka Honey is very useful in wound care application. We use it in the Wound care center I manage at the hospital.
 
Yes you can pour it into infected wounds, but you can’t inject it for infections ‘somewhere in the body’.

It’s the meat/poultry industry that overuse them and produce antibiotic resistance…and possibly the vetinary industry.
Eat organic small farm raised meats only, and stay away from fast food altogether.
 
Aparently they are going back to using honey in some cases.

I am very cautious with my own antibiotics use. I use it sparingly and make sure I take the full course.
I have refused antibiotics for over 30 years until my recent bacterial meningitis. I like to think I recovered faster and more fully as a result of never having used them until it was dire circumstances.
 
When you think about it, it makes perfect sense- many an army has been defeated not by their enemies but by their own poor hygeine.
 
Eat organic small farm raised meats only, and stay away from fast food altogether.
Aparently sauerkraut is supposed to be full of anti infection stuff as well.

Properly fermented sauerkraut naturally inhibits Staphylococcus aureus (staph) because the lactic acid bacteria lower the pH below 4.2. High-quality commercial options like Sandhurst, Ceres Organics, or Kehoe's Kitchen are widely available at local supermarkets in Cannonvale such as Woolworths and Coles. [1, 2, 3]
 
Aparently sauerkraut is supposed to be full of anti infection stuff as well.

Properly fermented sauerkraut naturally inhibits Staphylococcus aureus (staph) because the lactic acid bacteria lower the pH below 4.2. High-quality commercial options like Sandhurst, Ceres Organics, or Kehoe's Kitchen are widely available at local supermarkets in Cannonvale such as Woolworths and Coles. [1, 2, 3]
We eat it often.
 
Back
Top