user names once againe

bw_ryukyukempo

White Belt
Reaction score
Mine just helps me remember my login names for all the boards i go to.

bw = me, and on karate boards i am bw_ryukyukempo, on mc boards i am bw_r1150r, ...

Not very cool, i know, but helps out my confused mind!!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mine is the start of my email address. Which begs the question why this name for my email?

Well, I got nicknamed method man during the ages of around 17-19. So I shortened it to meth, I was 18 years old when I got the email address, and au- abbreviation of Australia, my country!!!

Easy

:)
We were worried there for a bit.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
she = I'm a female

sulsa = a legendary group of warriors akin to the ninja only from the Korean Peninsula; today signifying the word "technician" in Korean and relevant to a paramilitary-style camp where h2h, cqc, stealth, maneuvers and weaponry are trained.

she+sulsa = shesulsa

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
she = I'm a female

sulsa = a legendary group of warriors akin to the ninja only from the Korean Peninsula; today signifying the word "technician" in Korean and relevant to a paramilitary-style camp where h2h, cqc, stealth, maneuvers and weaponry are trained.

she+sulsa = shesulsa
Oh. I always thought it was Shesalsa. But now that you point out the spelling I guess its not so spicy.:)
sean

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh. I always thought it was Shesalsa. But now that you point out the spelling I guess its not so spicy.:)
sean

Let's not talk about how spicy it is on this thread, m-kay? :D

NE-ext ....

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dunno about spicy, but female Korean-style ninja? You're definitely red-lining the Uniqueness Meter.
icon14.gif

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dunno about spicy, but female Korean-style ninja? You're definitely red-lining the Uniqueness Meter.
icon14.gif

Yah, seriously...

Anyways... Cuong Nhu is the style I do, 'ka' is a Japanese suffix meaning 'student or practioner'. By the way, Cuong is Vietnamese for 'hard', Nhu means 'soft'. So, Cuong Nhu means basicly the same thing as Goju, as in Goju-Ryu Karate-Do. Fun fact for you. Anyways, my name pretty much 'hard-soft student'... in two languages... ohh well.

The Vietnamese version would be Cuong Nhu Sinh Viên. It's just easier with what I have. I also thought about 'Thánh Nắm Tay' (Fist Saint), which is a refernce to Musashi, the Sword Saint.

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yah, seriously...

Anyways... Cuong Nhu is the style I do, 'ka' is a Japanese suffix meaning 'student or practioner'. By the way, Cuong is Vietnamese for 'hard', Nhu means 'soft'. So, Cuong Nhu means basicly the same thing as Goju, as in Goju-Ryu Karate-Do. Fun fact for you.

I LOVE fun facts!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My late kickboxing trainer gave me the ringname "The Iceman" after Jean Yves Theriault (not the Top Gun character or Chuck Liddel). SK stands for Superkick, the name of the gym. In honor of him, I named my school Superkick Taekwondo.

Darth F.Takeda

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Darth = Vader! Dark Lord of the Sith. When Vader walked in the room, he was the baddest MoFo in it, inless Sidious was around.

F.= From Don F. Draeger, my MA idol, for lack of a better term.
Kids talk of Bruce Lee, Men talk of Don Draeger.

Takeda = Takeda Sogaku, founder of Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu, one of the 2 Jujutsu styles I formally study.

3 Badmothertruckers!

foot2face

Green Belt
Reaction score
To be honest, I really don't like my user name, I think its rather silly, but my girlfriend chose it so I'm kind of...stuck with it (ooh, I hope she doesn't read this). It stems from a conversation she had with her brother were he explained why he and his friends didn't want to spar with me any more. He said that I have an unnatural ability to bring my foot to his face. She thought the comment was pretty funny and she began referring to me as Mr. Foot2Face when speaking to them. While surfing the web she came across MartialTalk. She thought I might like joining the forum so she singed me up.

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Once upon a time and far, far away, I was in a group similar to SCA. My persona was Ilbrec of the Redfang, bloodthirsty warrior of Ireland.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
To be honest, I really don't like my user name, I think its rather silly, but my girlfriend chose it so I'm kind of...stuck with it (ooh, I hope she doesn't read this). It stems from a conversation she had with her brother were he explained why he and his friends didn't want to spar with me any more. He said that I have an unnatural ability to bring my foot to his face. She thought the comment was pretty funny and she began referring to me as Mr. Foot2Face when speaking to them. While surfing the web she came across MartialTalk. She thought I might like joining the forum so she singed me up.

So, does your girlfriend have an acount then?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:D

Oh the truth of the adage about England and America being two countries seperated by a common language :lol:. It gives such unexpected word-twists at times that utterly mangle and corrupt the intended meaning.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
:D

Oh the truth of the adage about England and America being two countries seperated by a common language :lol:. It gives such unexpected word-twists at times that utterly mangle and corrupt the intended meaning.

Mind explaining?

Latest Discussions