User Names

T

Ty K. Doe

I kinda hoped most people would get mine, but here's the translation.

Ty - a persons name = to Tae
K. - middle initial for kwon
Doe - like John Doe = to Do

Ty K. Doe = Tae kwon do

T

tonbo

My nick is from the Japanese for "dragonfly".

I was impressed, years ago, reading about how the samurai (supposedly) revered the dragonfly as a tenacious and adaptable fighter, and called it "katsu mushi" or "victory insect". It is reported that many warriors would put an emblem of a dragonfly on their armor or carry a representation of one to ensure victory.

I'm not sure how accurate all that was, but I thought it made for a great read. I had a custom iaito (practice katana) made for me, with a dragonfly motif, with that story in mind. It has been a great training partner...

Finally, I don't consider myself an overall victor, but I do consider myself tenacious and at least *somewhat* adaptable......

Peace--

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Deb refuses to talk about hers but i'LL TELL.
she was trying to get something out of a dumpster {in back of the apartment} when see lost her balance. Only thing showing was her feet kicking like mad in the air. When I saw her I got laughing so hard I couldn't pull her out {but I did get a photo} the complex handiman came by and helped her out while I continued to laugh:D
So till this day she is Dumpsterqueen to all who know her on the net and yes she is a member of the forum although she dose not post
Shadow

R

Rob_Broad

I'll blame my parents for my name, I wonder what they were thinking that day. But anytime the mods want the can change my nick name to Bonehead.

I have lived with that name since I wiped out in a bar on a bottle lying on the floor and I broke a table when my head banged into it. My response was wheres my beer and I was fine once it was in my hand.:cheers: :drinkbeer

R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

"Must resist evil impulses...."

:rofl:

Let the darkness out, the smooth calming darkness. Evil flourishes in the darkness so let out the evil impulses.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Naw... I spent 7 years in Darkness....still haven't learned how to make those lightning bolts fly from my fingertips..... :)

V

vincefuess

And my offer still stands to pay $10 to the first person who can pronounce my last name correctly!! :)

K

Kirk

Originally posted by vincefuess

And my offer still stands to pay $10 to the first person who can pronounce my last name correctly!! :)

So it does NOT rhyme with "Guess" ?

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
vincefuess, I would have guessed that it was either something like "fw-ess" or "foo-ess". For some reaons I didn't initially think it rhymed with "guess". *shrug*

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rhymes with 'fuse'? How about 'feess'?

Cthulhu

M

Mantis Leg

I was dubbed Mantis Leg by my instructor. Last fall I broke my leg and for months my legs been pretty inflexible. Plus I've got a mantis form that I like and my body seems to fit the mantis style.

V

vincefuess

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

You got it Bubba!!! Pronounced feese (like geese)! PM me with an addy and I will mail you a ten spot!!

K

Kirk

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

You got it Bubba!!! Pronounced feese (like geese)! PM me with an addy and I will mail you a ten spot!!

Grumble murmur harumph!

:cuss: :flammad: :sniper: :bird:
:rpo: :mad: :ticked: :disgust:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

Don't worry about it :) Let's just say you owe me some Dr. Pepper.

Cthulhu

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
How many different (reasonable) ways can you pronounce five letters? Someone was going to get it sooner or later, possibly with some help from previous wrong guesses.

Latest Discussions