User names?

molson

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Molson was my dogs name.... he was golden... thus molson golden....he did like beer

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone that has joined MT since 10/16/03 (last post in this thread) care to divulge the source of their User Name? What does it mean to you? Why did you pick it?

I'm not exactly a shining example to revive this one, since mine is simply my last name..............................but maybe not for long.:supcool:

Apollo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Both, but prefer the original. The Battlestar just looked better in TOS.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
I chose the moniker "Swordlady" for my second email address (this is back in 1999), because of my fondness of sharp pointy objects (I collect swords and practice a JSA). Some of my friends started calling me "Swordlady" in their email correspondences to me, and occasionally in person.

"Swordlady" is now the most common Net alias I use in online fora.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
K is the first letter of my first name; C is the first letter of my last name. I first chose K. C. (therefore Kacey) as a nickname when I was at girl scout camp about 30 years ago - because I had to come up with something quick, before people starting using my older sister's choice - Rabbit. She was quite outraged by the fact that I liked vegetables when I was 10.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
As a kid, loived Hong Kong Phooey. For a year or so I was a lurker on MT and when I decided to join, I wanted something that would show a less serious side of me, but still show my interest in the MA's.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I enjoy training with sticks and working with Prof. Presas (Arnis) for many years has had a large impact on my training and on me personally. Stickarts is also one of our websites.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bydand is the old family motto from back in Scotland and Ireland dating back a few hundred years. It means steadfast or abiding.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
When I was young I always wanted to do, watched, copied, the arts. One of the family friends at the time (RIP), always started referring to me as chop chop. When I got older, It became just chop, so that became hand sword, for the screen name.

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
"Betty" says it once or twice in the movie Kung Pow...and it's friggin' hilarious...plus I like to rip things. Like phone books and decks of cards...and glass:jedi1: .

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My Real name is Richard English

that was to boring

Everyone Calls me Rick

and My middle name is Wade

Kind of a cool screen name I guess.

V/R

Rick

Tarot

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Pretty basic reasons really. I like Tarot cards and it's a simple name that isn't usually taken on forums. :)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
crushing is the first initial of my first name and my last name mashed together. I think it makes for a good username, especially on a martial arts forum. ;-)

Latest Discussions