Why yur user name?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm a Martial Artist and a Caver curly... ergo... MA-Caver :idunno: was it too hard to figgure out? :uhyeah: :wink2:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry is my first neame L is my middle inital and the 9-6-5 was three ages of my thre boys when I joined.

OP
kenpofighter

kenpofighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, just found another thread that asked the very same question. I was not a member at that time though so I guess there are some others that weren't either.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mine can be read in two ways, when I first put together this name, it was 1986 and it was my license plate. I was big into baseball most of my life and 14 was my number. I was also getting into Kempo at that time ... "14 Kempo"

The second way of reading it is written out here: "One for Kempo"

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
A Fiend is a skull which is the symbol of the band The Misfits which is my favorite band ever. A Fiend is also what fans of The Misfits are called. So I, myself, am a "Fiendlover". I love the Fiend symbol and its fans. :ultracool

http://www.experiencefestival.com/fiend_club

P.S. i was going to post this exact thread lol

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I wasn't too crazy about shooting until the Grendel. Ohhhh baby the Grendel. Now I want to be buried with it! I can spend an entire day on the range punching one small hole over and over and over again. On a good day. On a bad day the target looks like it came from a BB gun shoot at a Carnival. Nothing zens me out like Relax, breath, squeeze, cycle, chamber, relax, breath, squeeze............. And I love the smell of cordite. At least one room in my heaven must smell of sweat, tequila and cordite. Crap ! now I want a drink! excuse me....
Lori

Phil Mar Nadela

White Belt
Reaction score
It's my name. Hopefully nobody steals my identity.
icon7.gif

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well, if I used another name I might have a little more fun at times, but then I might have to ban myself... So I figure it's better to make it as clear as possible who I am, reduces the temptation to pull out the inner troll (and it can be a pretty good troll when it wants to be :D )

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was doing voiceover work and trying to break into broadcasting full time..I needed an easy to recall nickname that would help the stations remember me when attempting to get future work, as their memories for those outside the industry were easily forgotten...I would remind them that I was the guy that did the Dracula voice..It worked..I shortened it to Drac for simplicity..

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mine was a nickname given to me when I was in the Corps. Letch is the first half of my last name. My friends called me "Letch" and referred to me as "The Letch". The "1" is on there because, believe it or not, five years ago there was already one guy on registered as theletch.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So why did you choose the user name that you have. Some of yours I can figurer out pretty easily, but others...

When I joined this site way back in the day, many profiles had no information. People were yelling and arguing and calling each other names. I figured if I was going to get involved in the fun I wanted people to know who I was so I could take credit for my points and also take responsibility for my actions.

I am not saying anything bad about the early days, as I participated in the growth of forums here on the net and on this site. Just that I wanted to have some accountability for when people would ask for my name or if I was a real person. They knew it and it avoided a lot of the non value added counters that people tried to use to get people from looking too deeply into their comments and points.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
xue sheng is Mandarin for student and I train CMA and I beleive that one should always think of themselves as a student in MA or you will stop learning

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My initials are K. C. - thus, Kacey. It was a nickname years ago when I went to girl scout camp, and annoyed the hell out of my sister, whose initials are J. A. C., and was using JAC as a nickname at the time... which was a big part of why I chose to use Kacey, of course; if you can't annoy your older sibling, then what's the point? :lol:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A lack of creativity while registering on MT led me to use my first initial and last name.

C. Rushing

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Was trying for TomSawyer, but had too much of a fine wine-- recommended by Sukerkin, btw ;)--so, freestyle keyboarding... Or sumthin. :D

Latest Discussions