User Names

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some user names are eazy to figure out , they are a Names. Other names are cute, strange, different, possibly all of them afore mentioned put togeather.
Why or where did you get yours?

Mine came from one of our cats. namele Sir Thunderfoot Shadowchaser he is kind enough to le me use it as long as he gets to walk across the keyboard once in a while, or I let him sleep on my lap asi try to type
Shadow

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When the board was still relatively small I thought this name would be a good way to identify what art I study. I fear that now, with so many great FMA practitioners here, it sounds a bit pompous!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, we can change it for ya. :D

Mines from an old BBS handle I've used since 82. More people know me as Kaith than Bob, so its just me. :)

:asian:

S

Shinzu

i dont know where or how i came up with mine. i was looking for a internet name that sounded japanese-ish and i was just typing in all sorts of weird names. everything i typed was taken (suprisingly..LOL), but this was not so it kinda stuck. i like it :)

ps. - how can you change it kaith??

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admins can edit pretty much everything. The software we're running on is pretty awsome on the configurability and administration side. Much better than clunky CGI based scripts. :)

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

Much better than clunky CGI based scripts. :)

I'll definitely go with that! Although I'm still partial to ASP over
PHP. Just seems so much easier to configure on a server, write,
edit, debug, etc. To me, PHP seems like someone took CGI/Perl
and tried to make it more like ASP.

I

islandtime

I have had "islandtime" for as long as I have been online

For those of us close to the beach "Islandtime" is the time that we live in. A lot slower and laidback than regular life
.. Did I mention lots of margaritas?

Gene Gabel

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Margaritas good. :)

I agree on the PHP/ASP bit. I wish there was an easy way to get Dreamweaver to handle PHP like it does ASP. I've done coding in both, and don't really have a preference, just wishing. :)

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

I agree on the PHP/ASP bit. I wish there was an easy way to get Dreamweaver to handle PHP like it does ASP. I've done coding in both, and don't really have a preference, just wishing. :)

Same here .. but I avoid PHP at all costs. Just personal
preference.

C

Chiduce

I tried Chi and that name was taken. I tried Chigong and this did not sit very well with me. So, i tried Chi/Qi, Hard/Soft, Yin/Yang, In/Yo=2. Then i had to find a name that represented the number 2. Thus, twin, double, twice, etc,. Then the term duce showed up in my list. Duce had a nice ring to it; so duce it was! Now the handle Chiduce, interpreted as my personal self means the Yin and Yang, In and Yo of me as a martial arts practitioner always striving for the balance of the 2. Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

D

disciple

I got mine because I am a disciple of some arts :) Its just that simple

salute

KumaSan

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Kuma is Japanese for bear. That was the nickname my in-laws gave me when I lived in Japan. I've since lost about 35 pounds, but the name stuck.

W

white dragon

mine just comes from our clubs logo that we designed.

NOTHING to do with the White Dragon Chinese Martial Arts Centre in Berkshire, as some people have asked me.

C

chungmoowarrior

mine is self-explanatory, although i should change it.

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone who wishes to change their username, feel free to PM me and give me a couple of options as to what you would like, and I'll be happy to do so for you.

M

Monkey King

It was one of those things, you go to sign in and haven't given any thought to what your user name would be until they ask you. I actually sat here for 5 minutes trying to figure it out. Having come over from the military forums I was still in that mindset. Then it came to me.
0005jung.jpg

Yes this is King Louie from the jungle book.:D

B

Battousai

And here I was thinking Monkey King was about this Chinese myth I heard of :)

Battousai is from the anime Rurouri Kenshin, also known as Samurai X. Battousai was the name given to Kenshin Himura (fictitious character based on legend) as he became known as a manslayer during the revolution leading to the Meiji Era. The anime is pretty cool historically. I've learned about the fall of the shogunate in history classes in all, but learning alittle here and there from the anime is much cooler. I totally recommend this series to anyone interested in seeing some good fictitious martial arts anime. The first two tapes under the Samurai X title are adult in nature, lots of blood. The series under the Rurouri Kenshin title has some japanese humored laughs here and there, but gets really good around the 40th episodes leading to the fight between the manslayers of the past era.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cthulhu is a creature/monster/Great Old One/Elder God from the early 20th Century horror writer H.P. Lovecraft's short stories and books.

Why did I choose it? Just to imagine the looks on everyone's faces as they try to pronounce it ;)

Actually, I chose it simply because I'm a fan of the writer and I was 99.99999999999% sure no one else on the board would have it already.

Cthulhu

V

VampyrSoul2000

VampyrSoul ----- Wanna take a try at it folks? To me it is self expanitory, but maybe it ain't.

Latest Discussions