My city is in panic!!!!

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I didin't want to tell you but since some weeks ago my city is under fire, here we have two drug cartels fighting each other for the control of Veracruz, there is no single day we have shootings and even bombs (granades), maybe you will not know this cause news and news papers were frighthen by this narc cartels, the army and navy plus the state police and the munipal police are in the streets, even we have navy chopers every day above us.

Last weekend a nasty shooting was very near my home and two hand granades were detonated in the front of a shoping mall (acuarium plaza) reaching some families that were there.

Today we have an alert of shootings in the schools, the streets were paved with moms and dads trying to reach out for their childrens at schools, cel phones were out of order because all people wanted to reach their beloved ones, my wife (a teacher) left school and went for my girls, at 1:30 pm the streets were empty.

The only new we have is at twiiter and social networks, the internet, the emails, twitter,etc.

There have been alot of casualties here, you know people in the streets that get caught under fire of the narcs trying to eliminate each other.

I know this is no place to talk about this, but believe me the violence here in my city has become high, like Ciudad Juarez nears the US border.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didin't want to tell you but since some weeks ago my city is under fire, here we have two drug cartels fighting each other for the control of Veracruz, there is no single day we have shootings and even bombs (granades), maybe you will not know this cause news and news papers were frighthen by this narc cartels, the army and navy plus the state police and the munipal police are in the streets, even we have navy chopers every day above us.

Last weekend a nasty shooting was very near my home and two hand granades were detonated in the front of a shoping mall (acuarium plaza) reaching some families that were there.

Today we have an alert of shootings in the schools, the streets were paved with moms and dads trying to reach out for their childrens at schools, cel phones were out of order because all people wanted to reach their beloved ones, my wife (a teacher) left school and went for my girls, at 1:30 pm the streets were empty.

The only new we have is at twiiter and social networks, the internet, the emails, twitter,etc.

There have been alot of casualties here, you know people in the streets that get caught under fire of the narcs trying to eliminate each other.

I know this is no place to talk about this, but believe me the violence here in my city has become high, like Ciudad Juarez nears the US border.

Manny

Oh my goodness!
Manny, stay safe!
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do concur! Keep your head down when and where you can, Manny.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Stay safe, my friend. You, your family, and your town are in my prayers!

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Guard Up?

IM SORRY, i had to say it.
In all seriousness, hope it all dies down soon.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you and your family, Manny. Stay safe, brother.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is so sad, but I am confident that you'll keep yourself and your family safe.

My wife and I are avid SCUBA divers, and as a result we travel to Mexico often to dive the reefs of Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Cozumel, or the caves of Tulum. We've always loved the country and it's people. We've been saddened and dismayed to see te increase in violence, but we have no intention of letting it keep us from visiting. We dove during the peak of the Swine Flu panic, and we'll be on Cozumel this December. I truely believe that it would be a mistake to let these gangsters keep us from visiting one our of favorite places in the world. We do our part to support the legitimate economy. :)

I've often thought that it's a shame you're so far from the places we dive, Manny. If it were possible, I'd drop by your dojang onone of our trips.

texas_rebel_1980

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Those of us who live in states here that share a border with your country have known of the pains in your country for years. It hurts the heart that people have to live like that. We are connected by our art and still so far away and such different struggles every day. We pray for you and your country Manny. Be safe.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Those of us who live in states here that share a border with your country have known of the pains in your country for years. It hurts the heart that people have to live like that. We are connected by our art and still so far away and such different struggles every day. We pray for you and your country Manny. Be safe.
Amen to what he said and the irony of his name.
Definitely keep your head down, keep us posted.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We pray for you here too, Manny!

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I do not know how good the Mexican law enforcement are at containing this problem there Manny and but like everyone else here, I hope and pray for the safety of your family and all decent working families there that it is brought under control soon.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prayers for you and your family and city Manny.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
This horrible problem has defied a solution for years with no end in sight. Sadly, the only solution would seem to be the same one employed in South African countries where roving bands of armed thugs, raped murdered and maimed villagers. Unfortuneatley, though the solution worked, world opinion was against it.