we have a new police

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
The goverment of my state has signed an agreement with the NAVY to do the rol of COPS here in my city. Because of the narc-war we are having in mi city and in my country, the goberment fired almost 800 COPS of my city and replace them with navy infantry men.

The problem is what we are gona to do with 800 unmployee cops out in the streets, most of them colaborate with the narg gangs, will kidnapings, roberies, murderes increase? I hope no. Slowly the people are going out, the shootings are very few although death people are found on the steets once in a while as a matter of narc executions. Navy choppers are flying dayli in patrol and the marines are in the street in the truck controling the streets.

Manny

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear it, Manny. Your country deserves better. I hope that justice and democracy will be restored and peace will triumph. Veracruz has suffered too much.

[video=youtube_share;_O2qJ0JXjug]http://youtu.be/_O2qJ0JXjug[/video]

texas_rebel_1980

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i saw that i the news today. only it was reported that Marines were taking over. either way, i hope you are safe and things get better for you and your country

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can only concur with my fellows, Many - here is hoping that somehow the authorities regain control of the country and restore the rule of law. For whilst we all might rail against bureaucracy and 'over-policing' it sure as heck beats the alternative.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why take over? They could have combined their numbers with Local Law Enforcement, and covered more ground?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why take over? They could have combined their numbers with Local Law Enforcement, and covered more ground?

The local police in many parts of Mexico are either on the payroll of the drug lords, or dead because they refused to take bribes from them. It is a sad state of affairs, but the police are completely corrupted in cities like Veracruz.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10769950

An activist who publicly accused police of kidnapping his teenage son was shot dead as he drove through his hometown in northern Mexico, a killing that instantly fuelled a bitter nationwide debate over crime and corruption.

Corrupt officials were being blamed yesterday by activists who worked with Nepomuceno Moreno in a national anti-crime movement that has been calling for an end to organised crime, police abuse and a military-led government assault on drug cartels.

The prosecutor's office in Sonora said Moreno had a criminal past and it was that which appeared to have led to his death.

Officials said Moreno was shot at least five times when he stopped his van at an intersection on Tuesday in Hermosillo, the capital city of Sonora, which borders Arizona.

Many Mexicans focus the blame for tens of thousands of crime-related deaths on the incompetence and corruption of federal, state and local authorities.

The problem now is, many of the drug cartels have acquired weaponry sufficient to fight brief battles even with the Mexican military; and they have shown a willingness to engage them in combat in the streets. We may be very near a state of complete revolution in Mexico, but not between the government and the people, but rather between the government and the narco-terrorists.

And I will just say once more for the record; if you live in the USA and you buy illegal drugs, you are buying the bullets these criminals use to kill innocent people with. I don't care how you dance around it to make it so you can sleep at night, you have blood on your hands.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
The local police in many parts of Mexico are either on the payroll of the drug lords, or dead because they refused to take bribes from them. It is a sad state of affairs, but the police are completely corrupted in cities like Veracruz.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10769950

The problem now is, many of the drug cartels have acquired weaponry sufficient to fight brief battles even with the Mexican military; and they have shown a willingness to engage them in combat in the streets. We may be very near a state of complete revolution in Mexico, but not between the government and the people, but rather between the government and the narco-terrorists.

And I will just say once more for the record; if you live in the USA and you buy illegal drugs, you are buying the bullets these criminals use to kill innocent people with. I don't care how you dance around it to make it so you can sleep at night, you have blood on your hands.
Oh, I get it now.

Basically they have a bunch of seriously annoyed Corrupt Law Enforcers set loose.
Thats just great.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score

We all know in my country that COPS are working for instead against the NARC-LORDS. We don't have realibale police officers. Whta has been said is that navy will take charge of the POLICE duties till new COPS will be available. My father in law told me goverment is recruiting new men and women.

The actual COPS in my city (not all) are not trust worthy, so that's why they were replaced by navy men.

Manny

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
We all know in my country that COPS are working for instead against the NARC-LORDS. We don't have realibale police officers. Whta has been said is that navy will take charge of the POLICE duties till new COPS will be available. My father in law told me goverment is recruiting new men and women.

The actual COPS in my city (not all) are not trust worthy, so that's why they were replaced by navy men.

Manny
I actually didnt know this until Bill mentioned it.
Very little is actually communicated about Mexico in this Country, as far as I can tell.
Most of My Knowledge of Mexico comes from Forums and Movies.

Thanks for the Information!

thegatekeeper

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The goverment of my state has signed an agreement with the NAVY to do the rol of COPS here in my city. Because of the narc-war we are having in mi city and in my country, the goberment fired almost 800 COPS of my city and replace them with navy infantry men.

The problem is what we are gona to do with 800 unmployee cops out in the streets, most of them colaborate with the narg gangs, will kidnapings, roberies, murderes increase? I hope no. Slowly the people are going out, the shootings are very few although death people are found on the steets once in a while as a matter of narc executions. Navy choppers are flying dayli in patrol and the marines are in the street in the truck controling the streets.

Manny

Doesn't sound like something the government would do. If he takes away your job, he should replace it with something else. At least that is how it works where I come from (Malta).

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Manny

There are good cops in Mexico; I've had the chance to meet them. But the simple fact is that many are given a simple choice when the drug traffickers come in. "La plata or el plomo." Silver (as in bribes) or lead (as in bullets). Add pay that's a joke... and government corruption on a level that even the worst parts of the US don't begin to rival, and I fear all that's going to happen is a temporary shift in the balance of power.

Take care of yourself and your family, Manny. And support your rebuilt local police so that they can resist the temptations and demands of the criminals.