Last Poster #7

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Looking through the pictures wife caught another good one.

Jake had a good weekend at PKC Championship. 1st in Ippon sparing, Continuous Sparring, Kumite Sparring, 3rd in Kata, and Grand Champion in Weapons forms. Plus got to meet Bill Superfoot Wallace.
1st in Ippon Sparring, Continuous Sparring, Kumite Sparring, third in Kata, Grand Champion in Weapons....what a slacker. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jake had a good weekend at PKC Championship. 1st in Ippon sparing, Continuous Sparring, Kumite Sparring, 3rd in Kata, and Grand Champion in Weapons forms. Plus got to meet Bill Superfoot Wallace.
Sounds like a helluva weekend. Well done, Jake!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Daaaaaaang... awesome work Jake!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Sounds awesome, enjoy.
It was really good. Surprisingly good. And really odd to be eating a chuck roast cooked to medium rare that was tender. I need to work on the seasoning. Will take some experimentation, because the sous vide can intensify some flavors. Also, I don't generally like to add salt during the sous vide, because you end up almost curing the meat, which can pull moisture out and make it dry. Sort of a balancing act.

But the main thing is that the technique worked exactly as intended and the meat was perfectly cooked. Just need to tweak the seasoning. Next time, I'm going to use some whole fresh herbs in the sous vide, along with a little compound garlic butter. Then a nice herb rub before searing it with a healthy amount of salt... like cooking a steak.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Awesome. Glad he had fun. Good to see tournaments starting back up. Hopefully they don't turn into super spreader events. I helped out at the first BJJ tournament we've had in a long while a few weeks ago. Was blown away at how many people showed up. We were using new software, which was a bit of a nightmare on Saturday, but we had figured it out mostly by Sunday (when the kids were going.)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Awesome, Always wanted to meet Bill Wallace....glad he had a good time, I like seeing kids get into martial arts so deeply.....but I have to tell you....he kicked the other guy in the head...so by the Karate rules of the Olympic committee, the other guy wins :D

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was really good. Surprisingly good. And really odd to be eating a chuck roast cooked to medium rare that was tender. I need to work on the seasoning. Will take some experimentation, because the sous vide can intensify some flavors. Also, I don't generally like to add salt during the sous vide, because you end up almost curing the meat, which can pull moisture out and make it dry. Sort of a balancing act.

But the main thing is that the technique worked exactly as intended and the meat was perfectly cooked. Just need to tweak the seasoning. Next time, I'm going to use some whole fresh herbs in the sous vide, along with a little compound garlic butter. Then a nice herb rub before searing it with a healthy amount of salt... like cooking a steak.
I honestly never heard of sous vide until you mentioned it in your post. I shared with my wife and like wise she never heard of it either. After googling it the concept seemed very interesting......and at the same time very easy with outstanding results.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I honestly never heard of sous vide until you mentioned it in your post. I shared with my wife and like wise she never heard of it either. After googling it the concept seemed very interesting......and at the same time very easy with outstanding results.
It really shines for certain things. I don't have anything fancy... a simple sous vide wand is only about $100. I use mostly for steaks and chicken.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone watched Shang-Chi? Curious how it compares to old school mystical kung fu movies. Helps that I'm a fan of the main actor, so probably going to find a way to watch it next week.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome, Always wanted to meet Bill Wallace....glad he had a good time, I like seeing kids get into martial arts so deeply.....but I have to tell you....he kicked the other guy in the head...so by the Karate rules of the Olympic committee, the other guy wins :D
I met Super Foot Wallace once at CNY Karate in Syracuse NY back in the Late 60s.......awesome guy for sure......

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Has anyone watched Shang-Chi? Curious how it compares to old school mystical kung fu movies. Helps that I'm a fan of the main actor, so probably going to find a way to watch it next week.
Haven't seen it, but it's on my list. I'll probably wait until next month when it will come to Disney plus.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Overcast days never turned me on. But something about the clouds and her mixed.

Anyone?

Never mind. :)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Weather: Over cast today. I may be weird, but I have always found overcast days to be relaxing

Sometimes too much so. When all of our animals are napping and it's overcast, it's really hard to find motivation to do much around the house.

Overcast days never turned me on. But something about the clouds and her mixed.

Anyone?

Never mind. :)
Guy's you can't just cut it off like this after I got my 4th cup of coffee and was settling in....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I say, hey (hey), you (you)
Get off of my cloud...
Just heard that as part of a double header on the oldies station not an hour ago. (Sympathy for the Devil)

Latest Discussions