Last Poster #7

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Last Person.....
The purpose of this thread is to be the "last person" to have the thread i.e. the last person to post.

You can make any post you like to retain possession of the thread

Past 3 editions were pretty popular. Can this one top them?

Thread locked and game reset somewhere after 10,000 posts. ;)

LPT#1 - Winner: Terryl965 Post#67,960
LPT#2 - Winner: Seasoned Post#10,453
LPT#3 - Winner: Granfire Post#10,276
LPT#4 - Winner:Xue Sheng! Post 10003
LPT#5 - Winner: Granfire Post #10142
LPT#6 - Winner: Granfire Post # 10123
LPT#7 - Winner: who knows? The Shadow knows it just might be YOU!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To continue from the other thread-we definitely got a link on a forum somewhere, or in a new SEO list or new advertising or something. Now we've got a random person who found us looking for help on a different site, so we must have come up when he was looking for that somehow.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow... and it's all over red rover! An epic almost 2 and a half years, I shall miss LP#6. Onwards and upwards, here's to new beginnings and a great thread!

Aaaaaand CONGRATULATIONS @granfire ! Well deserved!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Let's start this thread off strong!
38716432cfb4d662c065caa2a97cfa0e.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
New last post....

My first post in LPv7....its 2 degrees fahrenheit here with a windchill of -14 degrees...with a warning for a windchill of -30 later today

That's about -16 degrees Celsius or 254 degrees Kelvin

Last edited:
OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
New last post....

My first post in LPv7....its 2 degrees fahrenheit here with a windchill of -14 degrees...with a warning for a windchill of -30 later today

upload_2021-1-29_10-44-55.jpeg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I awoke to the latest new poster thread. What fun!

I also awoke to @Monkey Turned Wolf and I discussing something....

From the last Last Poster thread, Wolf said - "I think that the less quality sparring/knowledge is necessary to keep the ego. If you're a teacher, and your student gets to the point where they can beat you in a sparring match, that can be a hit to your ego (I'd view it as a point of pride, but egotistical people generally don't IMO). So make it so they never get better than you, or you don't do sparring where you have to have your own faults exposed, and you get to stay top dog against everyone."

I'm with you, brother. If we don't make them better than us then where is our art headed? Downhill is where it's headed. Downhill in just a couple of short generations.

I pride myself in getting dedicated students to be better Martial Artists and better fighters than myself and all the good instructors I had helping me were. And I specifically included the word "dedicated" because if you don't put in the time and the sweat you ain't getting there, I don't care if you're already superman coming in, it just ain't happening.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
New last post....

Holy guacamole that's cold!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Was making my coffee this morning and heard a very strangely loud constant noise somewhere in the house... listened carefully.... coming from the bathroom!

Bloody hose burst underneath the sink in the bathroom, water pissing out everywhere!!! At least it wasn't the pipe but just one of the hoses. Couldn't fit a bucket underneath it as it was a sideways spray. Then it finally clicked that I could turn the water off from outside the house haha...

Plumber coming after lunch. Fun!

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Part 7 already? Hot dang! Didn't even realize part 6 was full yet.

Sidenote... You know what's weird? People that say sentences like, "if I've learned anything in life..." or "If life has taught me anything..."

Whenever people do this, the next thing that comes outta their mouth is usually gonna be some sort of rudimentary or mundane piece of advice. Please don't get mad at me if you do this. :bag:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
A friend just wrote on FaceBook that "The Italian Dr. Fauci orchestrated the pandemic." That he actually created the virus and gave it to China for them to experiment with. And then two comments later, said that he tries not to be conspiratorial. I... just don't know how to deal with this. This is a guy I've known for 20 years, and he's been sucked into a cult. And he's saying these crazy, crazy things in such a matter of fact manner.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Part 7 already? Hot dang! Didn't even realize part 6 was full yet.

Sidenote... You know what's weird? People that say sentences like, "if I've learned anything in life..." or "If life has taught me anything..."

Whenever people do this, the next thing that comes outta their mouth is usually gonna be some sort of rudimentary or mundane piece of advice. Please don't get mad at me if you do this. :bag:
Well, if Iife's taught me anything, it's that people know what they know... and don't know what they don't know. You know?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Holy guacamole that's cold!

Years ago, when I worked the tree farm in Pa. It was on the side of a mountain and it was winter. I was out walking around in snowshoes and the temp was -20. That did not include the windchill, and it was darn windy. My uncles dog, who was with me, was a bouvier des flandres, he was running around chasing leaves blowing in the wind. The cold did not bother him at all

Latest Discussions