Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
original-4529be3822403fc2f36b6f24b4d18ca4.jpg

original-6eb6729f579d0ce74aee1245e2739a96.jpg

My first. Still my true love. 69 Plymouth Valiant.

I must confess, I wish I still had the old Buick too

Also, coincidentally, the first car I remember my parents having was a Valiant, but it was a bit older

1960-1962-plymouth-valiant-4.jpg

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine looked like this lovely disco sled.

Did it have the 8-track player? And the huge speakers from your home stereo laying in the back?

My first car was one of these:
1969_Chevrolet_Camaro_Rs_Ss.jpg

I bought it for something like $200 from a salvage yard that was sending it to the crusher. Looked more like
1968_chevrolet_camaro_project_car_96635309528970101.jpg

(although the picture is of a '68...).

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This was my last "REAL" 4x4

images

I do not count any of the SUVs that followed as real 4x4, and I am including a Jeep Patriot in that lot... miss my 4x4s..... especially the Xterra

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
ok then...my first motorcycle

76sx125pic.jpg

1976 Harley SX 125...and yes...I likely pushed it as much or more that I rode it.... but nothing and I mean nothing...not even my friends Kawasaki 250...could beat it in a hill climb

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First 4x4 I owned was a big full sized Bronco. White. Think OJ on the highway...
Didn't have it very long though.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
First 4x4 I owned was a big full sized Bronco. White. Think OJ on the highway...
Didn't have it very long though.

My second 4x4 was considerably bigger...it was a 1976 GMC K2500, followed by a 1979 Ful size Blazer and then a frosted mini-blazer then an unfortunate trip back to cars where I got the only car close to a sports car (Pontiac Grand Am) and then one of my favorite 4x4s, it went everywhere, a 90s Jeep Cherokee sport...a and bringing up the rear... the Xterra

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My second 4x4 was considerably bigger...it was a 1976 GMC K2500, followed by a 1979 Ful size Blazer and then a frosted mini-blazer then an unfortunate trip back to cars where I got the only car close to a sports car (Pontiac Grand Am) and then one of my favorite 4x4s, it went everywhere, a 90s Jeep Cherokee sport...a and bringing up the rear... the Xterra

I had the Bronco less than a year, and traded it on a '98 Dodge Ram 1500. Built that one up, used it when I was invited to compete in Four Wheeler Magazines Real Truck Challenge.

Decided it was too big for the tight trails in Colorado, so I got an '89 Wrangler and did a little tweaking... to the point that the only thing left from Jeep was the sheet metal.

I do like to tinker on cars. :)

RTCC 02.jpg
RTCC.jpg
DCAM1421.JPG
DCAM1422.JPG
DCAM1440.JPG

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My CJ5 was not stock, but I did not tinker as much as you did. I was a mechanic then and for some reason, when not in work, I was not much into working on my Jeep unless I had to. That and I was rather fond of the Jeep straight 6 engine, powerful little best for such a small vehicle, did everything I needed to do in the Adirondacks.

One of the reasons I liked the Cherokee sport so much was its size, it was small enough, and powerful enough (straight 6 again) to go anywhere on the tree farm in PA. The other option, my uncles GMC 1 ton with duals could not go many of the places the Jeep could

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I had a scooter in high school. Took a ferry across the sound each morning. Left my scooter parked on the Seattle side. Rode over the hill to school and back each day. Worked out great.

I was working at the McDonald's in the ferry terminal, so I'd go to work and then hop on the ferry to the island after.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My CJ5 was not stock, but I did not tinker as much as you did. I was a mechanic then and for some reason, when not in work, I was not much into working on my Jeep unless I had to. That and I was rather fond of the Jeep straight 6 engine, powerful little best for such a small vehicle, did everything I needed to do in the Adirondacks.

One of the reasons I liked the Cherokee sport so much was its size, it was small enough, and powerful enough (straight 6 again) to go anywhere on the tree farm in PA. The other option, my uncles GMC 1 ton with duals could not go many of the places the Jeep could

Different environment. The Jeep, especially, was purpose built to run the most challenging trails in the state. These days, we Jeep for the scenery only, not the challenge of "can we make it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions