Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I had 3 cups of tea
This was Americano number 2 of 3 this morning in one of my favorite cups, from Castroville Pottery in Castroville, TX. I love this cup.

E-2gJh4VUAggi58.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Is there any coffee in there?
That's all coffee. :cool: Well, more accurately, it's espresso diluted with a little hot water.

What you're seeing at the top is just a thin layer of crema from the espresso. Mmm... Crema is a byproduct of CO2 from the fresh coffee beans and the extraction of the espresso under pressure.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just HAD to say that didn't you....my God...those are now oldies.......
Yeah, but we're talking about the Stones. Heck, when they first came out I was in the seventh grade.
Used to take a brontosaurus to school.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passed this on the way to work. That's a dedicated fan...

1631223772345.png

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Where I was born and raised that was a reality.

In Massachusetts, remember walking to school, because I was literally 100 feet too close to school, which was over a mile away....I was in elementary school, it was snowing hard, likely 10 inches on the ground. Then they cancelled school, and sent us home early, and I had to walk home in over a foot of snow.... I think I was in 5th grade at the time. This happened many times in the winter.....

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Massachusetts, remember walking to school, because I was literally 100 feet too close to school, which was over a mile away....I was in elementary school, it was snowing hard, likely 10 inches on the ground. Then they cancelled school, and sent us home early, and I had to walk home in over a foot of snow.... I think I was in 5th grade at the time. This happened many times in the winter.....
I don't miss those days although as a young boy we loved the no school snow days. Heck even as a new driver spin outs were awesome.....then reality set in. :) Side note, Texas winter is around the corner with this morning in the low 60's....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not much snow in Seattle, but in the 8th grade, I went to a small private school that was 1 1/2 miles from my house. It being Seattle, there were two hills to trudge up and down over along the way. Winters are dark and rainy, but I recall enjoying the independence.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't miss those days although as a young boy we loved the no school snow days. Heck even as a new driver spin outs were awesome.....then reality set in. :) Side note, Texas winter is around the corner with this morning in the low 60's....
I remember it getting really cold in the north part of Texas, around Wichita Falls and Henrietta. You must be further south. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Upstate, NYS, Adirondack winter just around the corner...with morning below zero

Latest Discussions