Last Poster #7

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
As it should be, in my opinion. One of the benefits, especially if you're a kicker, is it teaches you to protect your groin.

In your organization are you allowed to drop kick? (slide to the floor under the opponents space and side kick up to the groin) I scored a boatload of points that way. Especially against aerial kickers.

I used to tell my students "If you want to see how open you are when kicking, when you get out of the shower go stand in front of a full length mirror and slowly throw a high kick. That's how open you are."

I pretty sure it's allowed to.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, we were supposed to turn to regular work schedule September 7.......also all vaccinated workers could be in the office without a mask.....well now we are "Tentatively) returning October 12....and if we are in the building we have to wear a mask.... now I'm not complaining.... Iike working from home.......
The bank I've been working at outside of Charlotte, NC for the last couple of months has recently gone back to masks, and the president is considering going back to work-from-home for those who can function fully that way. Some folks have already done that, themselves.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the white...16 years old. Crazy how fast he is growing up.

It's one of his best counters for kickers.

Funny thing is he fought the same kid 3 years ago when they were 13....same result...kid still doesn't wear a cup. Lol.
Jeez, he's gotten so big, man. Have we really been seeing him on here that long?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The bank I've been working at outside of Charlotte, NC for the last couple of months has recently gone back to masks, and the president is considering going back to work-from-home for those who can function fully that way. Some folks have already done that, themselves.

The way it is going I would not be surprised if we ended up in the same situation as we were in last year with masks, work from home and, sadly, business closers

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The way it is going I would not be surprised if we ended up in the same situation as we were in last year with masks, work from home and, sadly, business closers
BUT FREEDOM!!!!
MY BODY MY CHOICE YOU CAN'T MAKE ME

I am so over these a-holes.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We now are not going to return to 50% work week in office.... back to 2 days a week...... like I said.... I like working from home..... and if my knee would work, it be darn close to perfect....
I mean, there are other things in life than work I would like to participate in again.

As I am sitting here on my chair, shocked at my pulse rate for just picking up a few things.
I should go to the health department and get another test tomorrow.

F'ing plague rats.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I mean, there are other things in life than work I would like to participate in again.

As I am sitting here on my chair, shocked at my pulse rate for just picking up a few things.
I should go to the health department and get another test tomorrow.

F'ing plague rats.
"Plague rats" I love that term.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Buka

During your travels and fighting did you know Glenn Keeney and Joe Corley? Just curious...we are at Keeney's tournament and Bill Wallace and Corley are both here.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Buka

During your travels and fighting did you know Glenn Keeney and Joe Corley? Just curious...we are at Keeney's tournament and Bill Wallace and Corley are both here.
I know who Glenn Keeney is but never met him. Met Joe Corley once, briefly, long time ago.
Joe Corley used to throw some big tournaments back in the day.

Wish Jacob luck (and refs who aren't blind) for me. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Pushed the knee a bit this evening. I was using the reclining bike, for about 7 minutes, and realized I was doing the 360 rotation with the arch of my foot on the peddle. Decided to try the ball of the foot, could not at frirst, and it hurt a bit so I decided to try some motivational music

It worked, it still hurt, but I got the 360s for most of the duration of the song. And by the time it was done I was actually peddling to the beat, saying ouch a lot, but it seemed to work. Now I'm icing it and I will see what I have in the morning

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Interesting weather we're having.
Sunny in the morning
Then later morning the clouds rolled in, looked like it might rain
All of a sudden the clouds parted and the sun came out
Blue sky with puffy white clouds for a good 45 minutes
All of a sudden dark clouds rolled in and for about 20 minutes I was convinced I was living under Niagara falls
Now sunny with blue skies again

All within about 90 minutes

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made a faux prime rib. The challenge was to make a chuck roast that is medium rare and also tender. Two hours on the smoker, 26 hours in sous vide at 135, and then a quick sear in a screaming hot cast iron skillet.
Sounds awesome, enjoy.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting weather we're having.
Sunny in the morning
Then later morning the clouds rolled in, looked like it might rain
All of a sudden the clouds parted and the sun came out
Blue sky with puffy white clouds for a good 45 minutes
All of a sudden dark clouds rolled in and for about 20 minutes I was convinced I was living under Niagara falls
Now sunny with blue skies again

All within about 90 minutes
I used to love NY weather changes.......but not within the same hour. :) Texas is very consistent, what ever the weather is doing at any given time you can always depend on it being VERY HOT.....

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I used to love NY weather changes.......but not within the same hour. :) Texas is very consistent, what ever the weather is doing at any given time you can always depend on it being VERY HOT.....
TN is much the same. Most people do not understand that we have the same temperatures and humidity of the costal areas but do not benefit from the constant breeze. The dog days of summer are a very real thing here.
We are forecasted for 80° for the high and sunny skies all this week. A welcome change in temp.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

When I lived in Massachusetts the saying was. Don't like the weather, just wait a minute.

And right after my last post it rained again..... and now sunny blue skies....again

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looking through the pictures wife caught another good one.

Jake had a good weekend at PKC Championship. 1st in Ippon sparing, Continuous Sparring, Kumite Sparring, 3rd in Kata, and Grand Champion in Weapons forms. Plus got to meet Bill Superfoot Wallace.

Attachments

• 5665F5CB08F4483FB1FD63C647BC6A96.jpg
    5665F5CB08F4483FB1FD63C647BC6A96.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 46

Latest Discussions