Last Poster #7

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upstate, NYS, Adirondack winter just around the corner...with morning below zero
My wife and I have friends up in that neck of the WOODS. They love it........you can see how extremely low temperatures over long periods of time have adverse affects on the thinking process.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much snow in Seattle,
Honestly, this surprises me. I lived in Klamath Falls for a few years as a kid. That's 400-500 miles south of Seattle. I remember it as having a fair bit of snow, and I would have assumed going further north, especially in a state with a reputation for tons of precipitation, would mean more snow.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Honestly, this surprises me. I lived in Klamath Falls for a few years as a kid. That's 400-500 miles south of Seattle. I remember it as having a fair bit of snow, and I would have assumed going further north, especially in a state with a reputation for tons of precipitation, would mean more snow.
The big secret is that we actually enjoy very nice weather in Seattle most of the year. I mean, sure, the winters are dark because we're so far North, and Winter days tend to be a little dreary and overcast. I think our reputation comes from the persistent drizzle we have in the Winter. But not a lot of actual rain, to the point where we joke about being able to tell non-natives because they carry an umbrella. And our Summers are gorgeous from July into, sometimes, as late as October.

And because we are at sea level, with the puget sound right next door, protected by the Olympics on the West and the Cascades to the East, the temps generally stay somewhere between 32F and 85F. Colder than freezing is abnormally cold for us in the Winter, and above 85F in the Summer is abnormally hot.

So, all that to say, we get snow once every two or three years... and it doesn't generally stay very long.

Adding a couple of relevant words:
Pluviophile - which is a lover of rain.
Petrichor - which is that wonderful smell that occurs when it's rained after a dry spell.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Don't know what was going on around here today but I saw this

1631405956656.jpeg

Few minutes later, one right after the other waiting to turn onto the highway I saw these,

images

porsche-model.png

2008-Chevrolet-Corvette-360SpinFrame_4464_032_2400x1800_nologo.png

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Forgot one, and I saw a CJ5, looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor and it looked a lot like this one

1-1564430869006@2x.jpg

I use to own a 1975 CJ5, mine was red
I recently got my 10th Jeep, a JK. All the others were CJ’s like tho one in the photo. Judging by the body side and stripes that is a ‘77 or ‘78. Levi package is a big plus.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Aww shucks, the Hare Krishna person came back here again and started another thread, but were very swiftly banned again! I was so excited for some lovely discussion hehe

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Aww shucks, the Hare Krishna person came back here again and started another thread, but were very swiftly banned again! I was so excited for some lovely discussion hehe

Well, I don't want pi tp be to upset so....enjoy

Hare Kṛṣṇa Hare Kṛṣṇa
Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa Hare Hare
Hare Rāma Hare Rāma
Rāma Rāma Hare Hare

Latest Discussions