All weight is underside
Reaction score
Dang kids GET OFFA MY LAWN!!!

... but.... shovel that snow first...

giphy.gif

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
first snow removal session in my driveway this winter...with the new fake knee..... 1 1/2 inches....took me 1.25 hours... and I'm beat.....
The snow we just had was 8" of true powder which is very unusual. Easiest snow I have ever shoveled in my life. I only shoveled the sidewalks however. Our driveway is quite long, (about1/8th mile) and the skid steer makes short work of it.

We usually get very wet snows which quickly turn to ice so shoveling it is difficult. You never see snow shovels here because they are too flimsy for the ice so everyone just uses a square point digging shovel.
Our weather events are so short lived we typically just live with it.

Fake or not, the new knees are part of us now. Embrace it. I am SO beyond ready to have my right knee done.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Snowblower?

for 1.5 inches.......are you looking to get shunned again :D

I have a long and rather wide driveway, For small amounts of snow I tend to push it all to one side and then use the snowblower to blow it up over the wall. Deep snow, snowblower for the whole thing and it takes 1.5 to 20 hours depending on the snow depth and how many times the plow goes by and plows me back in again

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
for 1.5 inches.......are you looking to get shunned again :D

I have a long and rather wide driveway, For small amounts of snow I tend to push it all to one side and then use the snowblower to blow it up over the wall. Deep snow, snowblower for the whole thing and it takes 1.5 to 20 hours depending on the snow depth and how many times the plow goes by and plows me back in again
You just brought back nightmares of the past....your post hit me so hard I ran to the closet for my winter coat. Then, out to the garage for my trusted snow blower, then.....I woke up to find it was all a bad dream.....not your post of course....:) Sorry!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You just brought back nightmares of the past....your post hit me so hard I ran to the closet for my winter coat. Then, out to the garage for my trusted snow blower, then.....I woke up to find it was all a bad dream.....not your post of course....:) Sorry!

Well...all I have to say is...my driveway is an iceskating rink.... freezing rain all day so far......

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early Piers Anthony was great. Battle Circle series, etc. And even the early Xanth novels were fun... but man, I felt like turned into a one trick pony after a while, all about shoehorning puns into the story.

Like you, I had hundreds of books, mostly paperback. But over time, I've let a lot of that stuff go. I'm glad I kept the D&D stuff, though. My daughter is getting into 5th edition, and I don't think it would take too much to adapt those old modules to the new system.
Piers Anthony was fun for a while, but he'd get a good idea and run it not only into the ground, but into a mineshaft under the ground while somehow phoning it in after a couple books, too. Like his Incarnations of Immortality... First couple were good, then he started to more or less reuse characters and stuff and stretched it on and on... His approach to "writer's block" was to change projects, and I started watching to see which books were written together, because the ideas would overlap so heavily.

Heinlein... I go in phases. And some of his stories just give me the heebie-jeebies today -- like Doorway Into Summer which seems a lot of effort to justify an inappropriate pairing and make it OK.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well...all I have to say is...my driveway is an iceskating rink.... freezing rain all day so far......
I started raining late Saturday night and continued throughout Sunday totaling 1.5"-2" across middle TN. The 8" of snow we had is completely gone and now some areas are dealing with flooding.
It is below freezing again this morning, so the roads are Slick with black ice.
Maybe our weather patterns are part of why I love roller coasters.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
hmmm...SURPRISE!!!!! Snow today.... no one told us about this..... a very long, thin, band of Lake effect snow off lake Ontario.... my house is in the Northern edge of that....thank you lake Ontario..... and tomorrow...temps plummet to single digits with dangerous windchill temps...... Welcome to upstate NY.

On the positive side of this.... where my previous house is...is dead center of that band of lake effect snow

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
hmmm...SURPRISE!!!!! Snow today.... no one told us about this..... a very long, thin, band of Lake effect snow off lake Ontario.... my house is in the Northern edge of that....thank you lake Ontario..... and tomorrow...temps plummet to single digits with dangerous windchill temps...... Welcome to upstate NY.

On the positive side of this.... where my previous house is...is dead center of that band of lake effect snow
step-step glide!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Are the phrases "delicious bread" and "gluten free bread" mutually exclusive? I have some friends who are gluten free... thinking about messing around with it.