Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are the phrases "delicious bread" and "gluten free bread" mutually exclusive? I have some friends who are gluten free... thinking about messing around with it.
I think it is compatible. There are some tricks to it, as the gluten makes for the fluffiness of the bread.
you can make more than Maza and knäckebröd through

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Holy sodium chloride Batman, in 2 days I have used a 50 gallon bucket of ice melt and a 50 pound bag of salt...and there is still ice on my driveway.....and it is not going anywhere soon. Tomorrow is single digit temps with dangerous windchill around -30 to -40.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Also, went to PT today, and the parking lot was a skating rink. I almost made the cleared sidewalk when I slipped, my feet went out from under me and I hit the pavement.... when I realized I was ok, I noticed the position I was in on the ground

Much the same as this guy, just no one threw me there

46enax.gif

First I smiled, because I have not seriously trained falls in over 40 years...and I had it right. Then I got mad because some idiot did not clean the parking lot well..... Several expletives were loudly uttered. Then I realized, I could not get up. I was on a sheet of glare ice. Had to slide about 4 feet on my backside to get to bear pavement, so I could get a grip and stand

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Also, went to PT today, and the parking lot was a skating rink. I almost made the cleared sidewalk when I slipped, my feet went out from under me and I hit the pavement.... when I realized I was ok, I noticed the position I was in on the ground

Much the same as this guy, just no one threw me there

46enax.gif

First I smiled, because I have not seriously trained falls in over 40 years...and I had it right. Then I got mad because some idiot did not clean the parking lot well..... Several expletives were loudly uttered. Then I realized, I could not get up. I was on a sheet of glare ice. Had to slide about 4 feet on my backside to get to bear pavement, so I could get a grip and stand
I was kidding when I said step-step glide!
Glad the muscle memory took over!
Is the air still blue around the PT office?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Holy sodium chloride Batman, in 2 days I have used a 50 gallon bucket of ice melt and a 50 pound bag of salt...and there is still ice on my driveway.....and it is not going anywhere soon. Tomorrow is single digit temps with dangerous windchill around -30 to -40.

just use rocks.
I mean pea gravel....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the phrases "delicious bread" and "gluten free bread" mutually exclusive? I have some friends who are gluten free... thinking about messing around with it.
I have relatives who are gluten-intolerant. I've managed some passable baking, but have never managed anything close to what I can do with wheat flour. My latest revelation is that apparently I need more liquid in my GF dough. Please pass along anything you figure out if you give this a shot.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I bake a little. There are many types of gluten free bread and baked goods that are delicious but it depends on the flour.

The trick with Gluten free flour is to either find a 1:1 blend, or know the tricks for each type of flour.

Coconut sucks up a lot of liquid, so use extra eggs and stick to 1/4 cup of coconut flour for every cup of regular. Very sweet. Tapioca is similar, don't use too much or your mix gets gummy.

Sorghum is a good choice if used right. Its usually 1:1 and a little xantham gum will bind it up nicely.

Rice flour is tough to work with, and the reason for most breads that taste like paper because it has a very neutral profile. That's fine if you're adding other fun flavors, but for just bread it might taste bland.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was kidding when I said step-step glide!
Glad the muscle memory took over!
Is the air still blue around the PT office?

I did step-step glide....and fall

No, PT is not responsible for the parking lot, the landlord of the building is....lucky for them...they were not around...or I might have shown them a few more martial arts things

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, same here...then we got a 1/4 inch of ice (freezing rain) and then a 1/2 inch of snow and then temperatures below zero...which brings us o today
It's sunny and 60F right now. I have a window open.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just ate the last of the cranberry and poppy seed bread I made over the weekend. I am sad about that, and will need to bake some more soon.

Happily I still have a few pieces of the almond bread left..... but not many...and I didn't bake it...so when it's gone..... I will have none....

Latest Discussions