Last Poster #7

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wooooow... Oh my gosh... Oh. I felt that one. As a marvel movie fan this joke hit too close to home. Funny. Marvel stole phineas and ferb's plot. I need to borrow that video and post to some of my marvel friends.
Phineas and Ferb stole that plot from John Carpenter's "Prince of Darkness".

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
And they stole it from the bible.
Bingo.

1641494656243.png

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am guessing you are talking about your dog?
Yeah

Bee sting?
I don't think so, but possible
I see this is in response to an old post. I wonder if it is talking about a person or an animal?
Since there was no talk of communication, I assumed either a tiny child or an animal. The tone suggested an animal to me.
I'm assuming y'all are referring to my snowball post. Yeah.
20210702_142433.jpg

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In total we got 8" of snow and the temperature at 4:00 this morning was 8°. The snow was so powdery yesterday it would barely make a snowball.
Now the sun is out and the temperature is up to a whopping 15°. Here, it is pretty rare for the snow to hang around for more than a day or two so to still have 8" of snow is different. But we will be up to 46° on Saturday so the snow will be gone, and we will be back to our usual thaw/freeze cycle which leaves tons of black ice. Not fun and zero vehicle control.
Hopefully we have better sledding today. Precious moments with the (by proxy) kids.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's snowing here, but we are going to get about 1 inch total. However this is Northern NY so there will be more, and based on the forecast temps for the next few days, I think it is her to stay now until about March... but by then I am sure this 1 inch of snow will have a lot of company.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Rain in the forecast. It's a typical, Seattle rain where you can walk around for an hour in it without an umbrella and only get damp... like a light mist. I'd take a picture, but it is also dark... darkness is more of a companion in the Winter here than rain.

Sunrise at around 8am... sunset at about 4:30pm. I walk the dogs in the dark in the morning, and then walk them again in the dark after work. And with overcast skies almost daily, it feels like the Sun never really comes out.

But it's worth it for the Summers.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday the high was 22F. Today we will top 60F again.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The origins thread got me feeling nostalgic about old fantasy novels. DD mentioned the Picts, which I first heard of when reading Cormac Mac Art novels written by Robert E Howard and Andrew Offutt. I might still have a couple of those hanging around the house. I also couldn't get enough of the eternal champion stuff by Michael Moorcock... in particular the series with Corum, Elric, and Hawkmoon.

I might see what books I still have lying around and give them a quick read.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The origins thread got me feeling nostalgic about old fantasy novels. DD mentioned the Picts, which I first heard of when reading Cormac Mac Art novels written by Robert E Howard and Andrew Offutt. I might still have a couple of those hanging around the house. I also couldn't get enough of the eternal champion stuff by Michael Moorcock... in particular the series with Corum, Elric, and Hawkmoon.

I might see what books I still have lying around and give them a quick read.
I heard an amusing story today about someone's first interaction with Anne McCaffrey, which has me wanting to go back and read some of the Dragonriders of Pern series. I think I still have them on the shelf.

Latest Discussions