Reputation System Reset Pending...Dec 07

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't worry about all of the dots and stars, like with the black belt dan ranking, your knowledge and ability will show the truth not all of those lil stars or stripes.
Time to move on and back to our net working.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't worry about all of the dots and stars, like with the black belt dan ranking, your knowledge and ability will show the truth not all of those lil stars or stripes.
Time to move on and back to our net working.

I agree whole heartily

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Time for me to display my fundamental ignorance. How are rep powers increased? I'm O.K. with having them or not having them, the conversation is the important thing to me but I'm curious as to how it's decreased or increased.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. Barlow,

Rep powers are increased by time spent as a member (1 point per year) and number of posts (1 point per thousand posts).

That figure is then increased or decreased by an amount that is a percentage of your overall reputation score. Your rep score is displayed with the colored dots. Your rep power (how much you can influence another person's score) is what is spelled out (Rep Power: 11)

Does that make sense? Please ask for clarification if it doesn't...I'm running a fever right now and I'm not sure how coherent I am sounding. :)

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...I'm running a fever right now and I'm not sure how coherent I am sounding. :)

Get well soon, Carol... sounds like if you do have to get sick, this is maybe the best time to do it, given the current weather in New England, but don't overdo it! Hope you kick this thing asap....

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
[Does that make sense? Please ask for clarification if it doesn't...I'm running a fever right now and I'm not sure how coherent I am sounding. :)[/quote]

It makes perfect sense. Thanks for taking the time to explain and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Something like this:
biggest_whiner_statue_1.jpg

:uhyeah:

That's funny :lol:
I was a bit surprised myself to see my meager rep go away, but I got over it :D It does seem to me the people who had the most definitely deserved it, by being as helpful as they are all the time. And not having tons of it doesn't make you a bad person, as I can attest myself :lol:

Anyway, this a great site with hundreds of good folks and that's why I keep coming back here; not the opportunity to get a star someday. I fully expect to get my black belt before I get a gold star! :D

jim

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I apologize for bringing up the topic 2 weeks after the change was already made. I didn't mean to complain (and wasn't trying to) or cause any problems. I had missed the real discussion because of my low activity here, and since the topic wasa still high on the page and not that old, I thought I'd comment. In the future, I will try to avoid commenting on anything that's already done and finished. Once again, sorry for any trouble my post may have caused.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I apologize for bringing up the topic 2 weeks after the change was already made. I didn't mean to complain (and wasn't trying to) or cause any problems. I had missed the real discussion because of my low activity here, and since the topic wasa still high on the page and not that old, I thought I'd comment. In the future, I will try to avoid commenting on anything that's already done and finished. Once again, sorry for any trouble my post may have caused.

Dronak please never feel like you cannot express yourself here. It was nothing against you but alot of sour grape are out there and need to be dispose of by those carring them. I for one am glad of the reset and look forward to the Badge and gun that Bob has promised us.

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Dronak please never feel like you cannot express yourself here.

I don't, but my post was supposed to be basically "rats, but oh well" -- not a big deal, just a little disappointment and acceptance of the change. After seeing all of the stuff that followed it, I'm kind of sorry I posted it though. I didn't think my post would lead to all of that.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dronak please never feel like you cannot express yourself here. It was nothing against you but alot of sour grape are out there and need to be dispose of by those carring them. I for one am glad of the reset and look forward to the Badge and gun that Bob has promised us.

What about the handcuffs. I want the handcuffs...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As has been said by other people - I am much more interested in the comments than the points. Stars are nice, stars are pretty - I come here for the conversation about a topic in which I have a great deal of interest, and while I appreciate the feedback, I look for comments more so I know if I have been clear in what I posted than anything else - not so I can rack up stars.

I have had great conversations and made friends - that's what's important to me.

Bob spends an incredible amount of time and energy running this board, and all it seems to get him is grief. I wish to say, here and now, and publicly, how much I appreciate the time and effort he puts into this board. :asian:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ya want handcuffs? I got handcuffs. :EG:

Reaction score
As has been said by other people - I am much more interested in the comments than the points. Stars are nice, stars are pretty - I come here for the conversation about a topic in which I have a great deal of interest, and while I appreciate the feedback, I look for comments more so I know if I have been clear in what I posted than anything else - not so I can rack up stars.

Nice.

Being consider to be the "good guy" and getting a gold star is highly over-rated especially when the ones that are "judging" are normally judging on their "good" or "bad" feelings, and not on the information.

World Class Basketball Coach John Wooden put in nicely when he said, "I had learned at South Bend Central that when teams elect their own captain, it generally becomes a popularity contest. Popularity, in my opinion, is NOT one of the essentials of leadership".

Marketing genius Dan Kennedy said something very similar. "If you've not pissed someone off by lunch, then you are not doing much".

His emphasis was on "doing what YOU knew was necessary and NOT following the herd".

And one of the few ways to learn from others is to communicate with others about what you love to do and want to learn more of.

To me, that is one of the prime reasons for belonging to any group. When that function is no longer valid, then being a member is no longer necessary.

And it is fun to share and to learn, is it not?

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob spends an incredible amount of time and energy running this board, and all it seems to get him is grief. I wish to say, here and now, and publicly, how much I appreciate the time and effort he puts into this board. :asian:

I second that. Here's to ya Bob :cheers: