Forms Creation

f I were using diagonals, then I'd still most likely use cardinal directions, because the 45-degree angles are covered by NE, NW, SE, and SW;
Without diagonals, how can one move off the line of attack to evade it and positioning yourself for a counter??
 
Without diagonals, how can one move off the line of attack to evade it and positioning yourself for a counter??
From the OP:
  • The purpose of the form is to create a performative demonstration of martial techniques, with a focus on aesthetics over application. Practical versions of the technique can be taught in the Kibon part of class, with application of the technique being taught in sparring or self-defense. The benefits of the forms are the development of physical attributes of snap power, stances (strength and flexibility), posture, and balance; the mental attributes of memory, discipline, focus, and attention-to-detail. The forms are a display for use during testing or demonstration.
Gotta have diagonals. You can't do the pinans without diagonals.
These are my own creations, what does this have to do with the pinans?
 
  • The purpose of the form is to create a performative demonstration of martial techniques, with a focus on aesthetics over application. Practical versions of the technique can be taught in the Kibon part of class, ... These are my own creations, what does this have to do with the pinans?
Since you create your own form, you are the boss. You can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. You train exactly the same way as you fight.



 
Last edited:
Not really You have 4 easy points between each of the 4 major points North East, North West etc, then you have additional points like North North East, South Southwest etc. , Then you have "Degrees" , with Zero being North and moving around clockwise 360 Degrees, however the clock dial might be more intuitive for most to visualize and use.
Agree. Even the newest(er) Yudanja Poomsae of off-angle movements.
 
Since you create your own form, you are the boss. You can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. You train exactly the same way as you fight.
Since I am the boss, I have chosen not to. Because in my experience it's a fruitless exercise.
 
If I were using diagonals, then I'd still most likely use cardinal directions, because the 45-degree angles are covered by NE, NW, SE, and SW; whereas in the clock I'd need to use 1:30, 4:30, 7:30, and 10:30.
Then again - do you want to be "Locked in" to only 45 degree angles?
 
Back
Top