Reputation System Reset Pending...Dec 07

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bob is right that the system needs a little tweaking. Besides those who are current high reppers do not worry with the way you post you will continue to be recognized as great posters. (of that I have no doubt)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Basically, because in a year or 2, the top 10 folks here will be able to with 1 shot jack up someones rep 10 stars, while the bottom 10 folks will -never- gain any, unless one of the "gawds" reps em. Completely defeats the purpose of the system. I don't even use it anymore because I hit so hard.

It's a system thats supposed to be fun, yet hold some meaning towards poster-quality, yet in checking where rep points are being issued, it's really turned into "I disagree with you in he study so heres some neg points" and "yay you post a lot in chat, heres more points, yay another star, go stud go."

The other thing is, an occational reset of the system is good, and recommended. It rebalances the field, and in truth, the cream will continue to rise back to the top.

The changes were announced some time back, but I got sidetracked with life and haven't had time to prep for it until now. So, this is a couple week heads up.

I'll be posting the revised scoreing system shortly so we can tweak it before it goes in. There's also some enhancements that should theoretically keep things better balanced for a long time to come.

Thanks, makes sense.

Coming form the Computer/Network world I was just wondering what the reason was.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
How about another Banner at the top right of the page that says High poster or something like that....

I’m thinking variations on “Lord high omnipotent ruler of all I survey” or something like that.

Of course that specific title would be reserved for Bob and terry. :uhyeah:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I’m thinking variations on “Lord high omnipotent ruler of all I survey” or something like that.

Of course that specific title would be reserved for Bob and terry. :uhyeah:

Thank you> What I want Bob to do is make my user title say Ultimate Post Whore Extreme, now that would be fun.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank you> What I want Bob to do is make my user title say Ultimate Post Whore Extreme, now that would be fun.

Be careful what you wish for..... some of these folks seem rather talented with titles and graphics....

As to the change - I just come here to debate and learn. Being allowed in the house is enough for me.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ahhh!

I have been given some vote of confidence, some token that I have found favour with this group, this community, and now it will be trashed!

Well, that is as it will be, but I post this here for posterity. If I cannot get this favour again, let everyone look at this screenshot so that they will know that I at one time had it!!!

screenshotzs3.jpg

Anyway, this is one very nice online community here, with very knowledgeable people. It is a good resource and is a good pastime to read these posts. That is the main thing.

I guess I'll just have to get ready to come out swinging when we commence again! Hopefully I have enough BS left in me for that!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And just when my plan was about to come together. 4 stars and then rest on my laurels...
icon12.gif

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The ranking system or rep system were never factors for me in joining or staying so its all good with me. Thanks for the heads up on upcoming changes.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have always enjoys the rep system and will morn its passing..It was an indicator that someone was reading your posts and agreed with your way of thinking..

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And just when my plan was about to come together. 4 stars and then rest on my laurels...
icon12.gif
Well you got your four stars so you can now Rest.

What I'm going to miss about the rep system is reading the supportive comments by those who repped me. They made me feel good about myself and about what I've contributed to this
GREAT AND AWESOME FORUM!

Latest Discussions