Reputation System Reset Pending...Dec 07

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thinking about this a little more and although I would like to see it where if your reps are disabled you should not be able to rep I got to say what difference would it really make if you can rep and then shoot give out bad reps and don’t sign them what is the difference. Actually I would like it better if there was an ID with the rep, good or bad

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I may do that, but it'll require clearing out old comments.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Side bar: There are more changes coming. Decembers going to be interesting, and 2008 a wild ride. Some will love it, some will hate it, and I...I will be riding the lightning, *insert Dr. Evil laugh*

;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I may do that, but it'll require clearing out old comments.

Was this an answer to the reps with ID or something completely different?

I it was to the rep with ID I do think that would cut down on a lot of revenge reps and might get rid of a few headaches for you.

Of course other headaches will pop up to replace those headaches eventually

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Side bar: There are more changes coming. Decembers going to be interesting, and 2008 a wild ride. Some will love it, some will hate it, and I...I will be riding the lightning, *insert Dr. Evil laugh*

;)

Thanks for the warning!

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I concur Drac - the light of democracy was estinguished and the drabness of the totalitarian hand besmirched all before our eyes.

Then again, I knew it was an oligarchy when I signed up, so it's no good my complaining about it now when I didn't get my way :). Oddly, I do feel inside like I've been demoted from trusted Leftenant to Spear-Carrier Third Class tho'.

I'll give the new system time to settle but at first glance it's, no pun intended for a change, kind of pointless if I'm reading the above parameters correctly. With my awesome rep power of three I can hand out 'buff's' till doomsday and make not a hair of difference to someones public persona.

Still, I suppose the comments will still count for the people concerned and that's the most important thing.

The lack of visible rep in no way diminishes the respect that you and others have earned here. :asian:

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Okay, now ... I have a problem with that. If a person doesn't want to play the game then it should be an all-or-nothing system, IMNSHO. If you're going to participate then people should be able to see your rep display - if you're not going to show it to anyone else then you shouldn't have the power to influence other peoples' rep.

Sorry, but it's an integrity thing for me.

Having my green pips disabled never stopped anyone from slamming me ... or praising me. It just made the pips invisible.

Also, there was also a comment some years back, that when rep was disabled that only purple dots were awarded (or that's how I understood it). That turned out to not be true and I got slammed about that recently too. Which is why I ask the question again now.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Was this an answer to the reps with ID or something completely different?

I it was to the rep with ID I do think that would cut down on a lot of revenge reps and might get rid of a few headaches for you.

Of course other headaches will pop up to replace those headaches eventually

Reps with ID's. Making who reped who visible.

Having my green pips disabled never stopped anyone from slamming me ... or praising me. It just made the pips invisible.

Also, there was also a comment some years back, that when rep was disabled that only purple dots were awarded (or that's how I understood it). That turned out to not be true and I got slammed about that recently too. Which is why I ask the question again now.

We're going to be less tolerant of rep-abuse and I'm going to try to spot check a few times a month. People who think there is abuse going on should keep letting us know. Seems like we more often than not say theres nothing actionable, but it's all noted.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

;)

THUNDER—
I can hear the lightning flash—
Hold to me
Ride the storm...

Somehow,
Even in our darkest hour,
We'll find the power
To RIDE the storm!!

—title song from Dennis Hopper's unknown film masterpiece, Riders of the Storm. :EG:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
THUNDER—
I can hear the lightning flash—
Hold to me
Ride the storm...

Somehow,
Even in our darkest hour,
We'll find the power
To RIDE the storm!!

—title song from Dennis Hopper's unknown film masterpiece, Riders of the Storm. :EG:
Heh.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How about this one... :D

Attachments

• $japjam.gif
    653 bytes · Views: 180

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ROCK!!! :shakes hair like I haven't done since, ooh, well, erm, last month ROFL:. :cheers:.

Also, I find it surprising, given the general calibre of people we have here at MT, that 'revenge rep'ing' goes on :eek:. If I disagree with someone then I'll tell them (if I think it'll do any good) - giving them negative rep seems a touch futile when it comes to conflict resolution :shrugs:.

Latest Discussions