Last Poster #7

I'm so sorry to hear mate... thoughts are with you guys and hoping further treatment is available
Well. After the oncologist appointment, things may be looking up. The mass is down from about the size of a cantaloupe to just about 1”x1”. Bone marrow biopsy is negative for lymphoma. So per the doctor, we give it a few weeks and do a biopsy on the mass to see if it’s cancer, or scar tissue, or something else, hopefully benign. so a few more weeks and we will know more.

Thanks for the kind words, gang.

Well. After the oncologist appointment, things may be looking up. The mass is down from about the size of a cantaloupe to just about 1”x1”. Bone marrow biopsy is negative for lymphoma. So per the doctor, we give it a few weeks and do a biopsy on the mass to see if it’s cancer, or scar tissue, or something else, hopefully benign. so a few more weeks and we will know more.

Thanks for the kind words, gang.
Best wishes Steve.

Word of advice....if you are suffering from Gastritis...even if you are thinking you are Alost over it....getting a flu shot is a baaaaad idea..... did that this morning... 2 hours later it was right back to a bad gastritis reaction.... i won't go into details....but it was a good 1.5 hours of gastritis and then sine it takes everything out of me (talking energy here) it was a 45 minute nap and the rest of the day (6 hours later) before I had enough energy to get out of the chair...then it was an hour of Taijiquan....doing better now, but still not right....so to sum up...flu shot good....gastritis bad....flu shot plus gastritis...REALLY BAD....

Been trying out a bunch of cheeses lately. At the grocery store they got small chunks for low prices. Usually between $1-3 dollars. I've got smoked gouda, muenster and this funky purple stuff marieke gouda. That last one comes with an odd aftertaste. Not sure what aged havarti is but I liked it, and it only cost $1.21, I don't reccomend horseradish cheddar though. They had some black bomber cheddar, whatever that means was pretty good too.

Been trying out a bunch of cheeses lately. At the grocery store they got small chunks for low prices. Usually between $1-3 dollars. I've got smoked gouda, muenster and this funky purple stuff marieke gouda. That last one comes with an odd aftertaste. Not sure what aged havarti is but I liked it, and it only cost $1.21, I don't reccomend horseradish cheddar though. They had some black bomber cheddar, whatever that means was pretty good too.
Black Bomber is actually one of the best cheddar cheeses in the world. Balances and yet intense, like a super sharp cheddar, so not for everyone, but man, I want some right now.

Now here's a cheese. And you will know it by the florets.

Tete de Moine, means "Monk's Head".

This smells absolutely awful, but it's delicious because it blends the flavors of many cheeses.

1702964371409.png

"I have to address the odour of this cheese. Tete de Moine is by far the stinkiest cheese I have run across in 89 cheeses.

I was initially drawn to it because of its outrageously vile odor. I couldn’t believe that anyone would spend money on something that smelled like that, so of course-I did. I have actually had a few house guests smell this one through its wrapper as a party trick-all have recoiled in horror. Have you ever stuck your finger in your belly button after a really hot day, squished it around, and then smelled it? That smell, my friends, one could aptly describe as “tete de moine-like.”

My children claim that it smells like “throat cheese,” and no- that’s one cheese I will not be reviewing. It’s really hard to describe how horrible this cheese smells-go and sniff some if you see it in the market, I dare you.

It smells like sickness, and rot, and pain and dirty things excreted by humans.

It looks innocent enough, a half circle of firm yellow cheese with a natural brown rind, it’s kind of crumbly and kind of sticky, but it just smells freaking awful. Have I been clear enough about this? It could be used as a torture device."

Delicious cheese, especially if you like creamy Romano and Parmesan. Which, to some people smell and taste like vomit.

Last edited:
Now here's a cheese. And you will know it by the florets.

Tete de Moine, means "Monk's Head".

This smells absolutely awful, but it's delicious because it blends the flavors of many cheeses.

View attachment 30504

I'm not sure if the grocery store I go to has that but they do got a really large selection so I wouldn't be too surprised if they did.

one word...Jarlsberg..... drops the mic

I'm not sure if the grocery store I go to has that but they do got a really large selection so I wouldn't be too surprised if they did.
It really does taste great IMHO. But it's also my #1 "here smell this" party trick.

You should see people's faces as they go from "what the hell is that" to "omg he just ate that".

One time, somebody's immediate response was "what kind of fish is that??"

I think the 'Rona finally got me.
I was sitting with my MIL's aunt (another story altogether).
Didn't think much of it at first, because Wednesday and Thursday everybody was burning leaves and the smoke gave me a raving headache and triggered sinus issues.
Then I got a fever, etc (I was not with the old lady at the time) I mean, 101 after taking meds.
I felt like crap for 2 days, still not up to snuff, and as it turns out, sniff neither. Maybe it passes with the snot, pardon me for being graphic.
Still a little shaky on my feet, but on the mend.
And the kid caught it, too.
Well, we dodged it for 4 years, I guess our number was up.
(and considering the shyte from the last year, I say no wonder it hit us now.)

It really does taste great IMHO. But it's also my #1 "here smell this" party trick.

You should see people's faces as they go from "what the hell is that" to "omg he just ate that".

One time, somebody's immediate response was "what kind of fish is that??"
Strong cheese, smoked herring, and apple is one of my favorite dinners. I try to eat it at least once a week.

How are things going for you Steve? Not my business to ask but you and your family have been in my thoughts.
As well as can be. Overall, things are good. My daughter went back to work/school at the university on Monday. Waiting a couple weeks for a biopsy on that small remaining mass.

Otherwise things are well. Thanks for asking.

The day before yesterday, I did a 3 hours 5 miles hike about 900 ft. Felt tired but glad I could still do it. When I saw young guys jumped from rock to rock, I felt sorry for myself that I could not do that anymore (the trail is rocky).

Yesterday, I walked 3 miles on the beach and did punching drills with 5 lb weight 1600 times. Felt great afterward.

Last edited:
Back