Last Poster #7

The day before yesterday, I did a 3 hours 5 miles hike about 900 ft. Felt tired but glad I could still do it. When I saw young guys jumped from rock to rock, I felt sorry for myself that I could not do that anymore (the trail is rocky).

Yesterday, I walked 3 miles on the beach and did punching drills with 5 lb weight 1600 times. Felt great afterward.

Ah that looks like an amazing trail!!

Here is a good one..... We are going to China in the Spring. Mrs Xue is working on Visas..... however the rules for Visas to China were just changed, but China. Our youngest has never been to China, nor had a Visa for China. But when she was born, Mrs Xue had a permanent Green card and was not yet a US citizen. Because of this, our youngest is, per China, a Chinese citizen. So our youngest, born in the USA, never been to China, who is, by American laws, an American citizen...is now also a Chinese Citizen...... She then only needs travel Visa which means she can go there and stay for up to 2 years.... however, Mrs Xue, born and raised in China, is an American and needs a Visa and can only stay for 90 days

Here is a good one..... We are going to China in the Spring. Mrs Xue is working on Visas..... however the rules for Visas to China were just changed, but China. Our youngest has never been to China, nor had a Visa for China. But when she was born, Mrs Xue had a permanent Green card and was not yet a US citizen. Because of this, our youngest is, per China, a Chinese citizen. So our youngest, born in the USA, never been to China, who is, by American laws, an American citizen...is now also a Chinese Citizen...... She then only needs travel Visa which means she can go there and stay for up to 2 years.... however, Mrs Xue, born and raised in China, is an American and needs a Visa and can only stay for 90 days
governmental logic....

Wait, it get better.......my youngest has a Chinese Visa..... but an American passport.....this should be fairly confusing once we get to the airport..... And when Mrs Xue asked how our daughter would renounce her citizenship in China, should she choose to...... the answer....from the Chinese Consulate was..... I don't know.

Wait, it get better.......my youngest has a Chinese Visa..... but an American passport.....this should be fairly confusing once we get to the airport..... And when Mrs Xue asked how our daughter would renounce her citizenship in China, should she choose to...... the answer....from the Chinese Consulate was..... I don't know.
who knows, being a Chinese citizen might have benefits in the future...

Can't wait to see it.

Hey, movie related, there's a movie coming out about a former coworker of mine's dad, Boys in the Boat. I hope it's good... a really crazy, true story. Worth a read, too, if you like non-fiction.

I watched The Boys in the Boat last night. Outstanding film, best one I’ve seen this year. Really looking film, too, nice cinematography.

I’ve been watching so many movies the last three weeks I’m worried my eyeballs are going to fall out. I watched John Wick 4 last night, or tried to. I quit an hour in. Which I never do. I mean, hell, I even sat through three and a half hours of The Irishman a couple of years ago, a truly awful film.

I love the John Wick franchise, and understand it’s an over the top action banquet, which is the type of movies I really enjoy. I’m usually all in for all of them.

I also realize, from talking to friends, that I quit it before the really good action/stunt sequences kicked in. But I just couldn’t take it any more.

God, I love movies. Because of that, I really hate some movies.

I’ve been watching so many movies the last three weeks I’m worried my eyeballs are going to fall out. I watched John Wick 4 last night, or tried to. I quit an hour in. Which I never do. I mean, hell, I even sat through three and a half hours of The Irishman a couple of years ago, a truly awful film.

I love the John Wick franchise, and understand it’s an over the top action banquet, which is the type of movies I really enjoy. I’m usually all in for all of them.

I also realize, from talking to friends, that I quit it before the really good action/stunt sequences kicked in. But I just couldn’t take it any more.

John Wick 4 does take credulity out for a long walk... and never brings it back.

I’m have no experience in screenwriting, but common sense suggests that for an action film audience you need to have some action early on to keep the demographic engaged. And yet, many modern action films ‘rear load‘ the exciting stuff and probably lose some of those who are watching.
I struggle watching most modern films and I particularly dislike all this juvenile superhero stuff. It can take me hours or even days to watch a film because they‘re simply unable to hold my attention and I stop and start the film and go and do something useful instead.

That happened to me with the Donnie Yen, Ip Man movies. None were close to historically accurate, and they got further and further away from historical accuracy as the went on, but they were entertaining with the action I like, But when it got to Ip Man 4..... I could not even finish watching it, it was simply to far off the rails for me

I’m always more than happy to suspend belief and buy into what’s on the screen for mindless action entertainment. But at the beginning of the film JW is riding across the desert on horseback at what appears to be high noon.

Ever been in the desert? Hot doesn’t begin to describe it. He’s wearing his trademark black suit, shirt, tie, and the collar buttoned tight. He isn’t even sweating.

That’s like a damsel in distress putting on three inch stiletto heals and running over uneven, rocky terrain to escape the monster that eats damsels in distress.

I’m always more than happy to suspend belief and buy into what’s on the screen for mindless action entertainment. But at the beginning of the film JW is riding across the desert on horseback at what appears to be high noon.
He wears SPF50 and several of these Sony wearable air con units.
FBEB29A4-133D-4F54-9967-70104780416A.jpeg

Ever been in the desert? Hot doesn’t begin to describe it. He’s wearing his trademark black suit, shirt, tie, and the collar buttoned tight. He isn’t even sweating.
Personal air con and being intrinsically cool allows him to do this.
That’s like a damsel in distress putting on three inch stiletto heals and running over uneven, rocky terrain to escape the monster that eats damsels in distress.
Have you ever seen Rupaul’s Drag Race?

I climbed down a rather steep, wet, natural rock face, at the summer palace in Beijing, behind an unknown Chinese woman climbing down in 3 inch stiletto heels..... one of the most amazing and terrifying things I have ever seen

I climbed down a rather steep, wet, natural rock face, at the summer palace in Beijing, behind an unknown Chinese woman climbing down in 3 inch stiletto heels..... one of the most amazing and terrifying things I have ever seen
Amazing in terms of dexterity ...or er, visually?

He wears SPF50 and several of these Sony wearable air con units.
View attachment 30557

Personal air con and being intrinsically cool allows him to do this.

Have you ever seen Rupaul’s Drag Race?
I have not. I haven’t watched drag races since fuel dragsters hadn’t broken 200 mph in the quarter mile yet. Don Garlits, I think it was.
🤗

Check out this seventeen year old madwoman.

I have not. I haven’t watched drag races since fuel dragsters hadn’t broken 200 mph in the quarter mile yet. Don Garlits, I think it was.
🤗
Top Fuel cars are certainly impressive, there's no doubt about it. But I've always been more a fan of the door slammer classes. My favorites are cars that can drive cross country, stop at tracks, run respectable times, and then keep driving. For my own car, I don't even change the tire pressure when I go to the track.

Amazing in terms of dexterity ...or er, visually?
Reasonable question..... Amazing that she did not fall off those heels and fall to her death, that thing was high, slippery and scary for me (I did rock climbing in my youth), and I was in sneakers.... it was kind of a natural stairway down...at about a 70 degree angle.........but, now that I think about it....visually was not to bad either

Back