Last Poster #7

I watched the film Poor Things last night.
Best movie I’ve seen in years.

And if Emma Stone doesn’t win Best Actress there is no God. (Unless God hasn’t seen it yet, of course)

And if Emma Stone doesn’t win Best Actress there is no God. (Unless God hasn’t seen it yet, of course)
Can't wait to see it.

Hey, movie related, there's a movie coming out about a former coworker of mine's dad, Boys in the Boat. I hope it's good... a really crazy, true story. Worth a read, too, if you like non-fiction.

Just look at the trailer...now I have to see it too

Last edited:
That's the whole sentence - "Truth is within cannon range."

It means if your cannon can shoot 20 miles, in that ranger, anything that you say will be the truth (nobody will challenge you). The more that you have power, the more that truth will be on your side.
Bollocks. Might makes right is a silly idea.

Bollocks. Might makes right is a silly idea.
Well, we have proven that whole statement about cannon range and truth wrong a long time ago..... Our battleships had a range of about 26 mile and there were LOTS of folk within that range that would tell us we're wrong..... much the reason the Battleship was there in the first place

That's the whole sentence - "Truth is within cannon range."

It means if your cannon can shoot 20 miles, in that ranger, anything that you say will be the truth (nobody will challenge you). The more that you have power, the more that truth will be on your side.
I thought that when I read it.
I am of two minds about the statement.

Can't wait to see it.

Hey, movie related, there's a movie coming out about a former coworker of mine's dad, Boys in the Boat. I hope it's good... a really crazy, true story. Worth a read, too, if you like non-fiction.

I’ll check that out when I can. I’ll probably read the book first.

Been watching movies for days, more than I want to, but hey, there are worse problems to have. Have over a dozen to go, at least so far.

Watched Ferrari this morning, nice looking film. Anyone into fast cars will enjoy it.

Emma Stone is hilarious, too...
I’ll check that out when I can. I’ll probably read the book first.

It's a good story and a good book.

Been watching movies for days, more than I want to, but hey, there are worse problems to have. Have over a dozen to go, at least so far.

Watched Ferrari this morning, nice looking film. Anyone into fast cars will enjoy it.

Are you still getting over your surgery, or is this SAG related voting stuff?

Emma Stone is hilarious, too...

It's a good story and a good book.

Are you still getting over your surgery, or is this SAG related voting stuff?
SAG stuff.

Surgery stuff going well, got the okay to start working out like a slow white belt after the Holidays.

I'm remembering why, at 2am and still unable to sleep, why I vastly preferred jobs that had afternoon or night shifts
worked every shift, on every day and on every holiday.... I prefer day shifts with weekends and holidays off..... but more than that I like my current schedule that allows me to work from home a couple of days a week.... however getting Mrs Xue to uderstand that just because I am working fro home, does not mean I have time to do all the stuff she sks me to do, just because I am at home.....

Can't wait to see it.

I just got access to this from SAG. Looks like I’ll be watching it before reading the book.

Well, we got some bad news yesterday. Looks like my kid still has an active mass, so she has an appointment today to talk to the oncologist. Not sure what's next.
Sorry to hear this, Steve. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers, my friend.

Well, we got some bad news yesterday. Looks like my kid still has an active mass, so she has an appointment today to talk to the oncologist. Not sure what's next.
I'm so sorry to hear mate... thoughts are with you guys and hoping further treatment is available

Back