Last Poster #7

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Found this bad boy tucked away inside our letterbox... cannot tell but he really resembles a funnel web spider, that ain't good, one of the most deadly of them all :s. Am no expert though

Screenshot_20231208_122259_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231208_122314_Gallery.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
First post I read this morning.... had enough of the whining,... think I will stop further involvement in it all together.... it is that or risk being called names by the OP for not being sympathetic and feeding into the incessant whining

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt know anyone actually lived in Delaware. I thought it was just a giant empty building where banks receive mail. :)
Apollo 11 made the A7L the most iconic suit of the program. It proved to be the primary pressure suit worn by NASA astronauts for Project Apollo. Starting in 1969, the A7L suits were designed and produced by ILC Dover, Delaware, (a division of Playtex at the time). !

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maine is beautiful. Spent a week there last summer, and in 4 days barely sampled Acadia National Park.
Oh boy, I have a recipe for Kennepunkport Maine lobster stew to die for.

It's basically milk, butter, lobster, and just a couple spices.

2 bowls of it about 20 years ago was enough for the rest of my life. Might have room for a final third before the end!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh boy, I have a recipe for Kennepunkport Maine lobster stew to die for.

It's basically milk, butter, lobster, and just a couple spices.

2 bowls of it about 20 years ago was enough for the rest of my life. Might have room for a final third before the end!
are you sure that is an endorsement?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.

It was a good food weekend. Lots of great food with friends and family. We had brisket this weekend. Made a braised brisket for friends who invited us over for a Hanukkah dinner.

Made it with the flat of the brisket and so had about 4 lbs of brisket point, so I made barbacoa in the pressure cooker. Quick pickled shallots and jalape簽os, some cotija, and a pretty spicy chipotle pepper sauce.

Next weekend is prime rib, and making a beef Wellington for Xmas. Man oh man do I love this time of year.

We also made a bunch of cookies yesterday. Chocolate cookies, pfefferneuse, some lemon poppyseed pinwheels, and peppermint biscotti.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is, because butter and lobster go hand in hand already. But la creme!.

Butter lobster and any sort of dairy product is to die for. It can be milk, cream, a whipped cheese, or even a lactose-free or non-dairy alternative.

Boursin actually makes a non-dairy cheese spread that tastes better than their regular ones (it's full of coconut oil).

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maine is beautiful. Spent a week there last summer, and in 4 days barely sampled Acadia National Park.
I really like Maine, have several close friends there, Ive spent a lot of time with them.
Great place to view fall foliage, great place for lobster, great place for a lot of things. Ayuh.