Last Poster #7

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is him a day or two before his 12 week checkup.
354438515_10230845034013662_178407077255178225_n.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We won't have to worry about that. He's too small to do that, and he can't use his rear legs so as long as something's sufficiently tall he's never reaching it.
yeah, I thought this about my dogs.
Now I have to make darn sure I am not leaving stepping stools out for them to make it on the counter.
Dog looking at me from the kitchen table:
'What?! The cat does it all the time!'
yeah, pup, I know. Don't like it then either. Get your rump off my table. (it's a hot mess, more like a desk, but you get the drift.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, I am really thinking I should retreat myself back to bed this morning.
Got up to do some yard work.
Grab the electric weed eater to cut a path through the tall grass.
Suddenly it sparks and flames up behind me: The extension cord had a damaged spot that arced out in a spectacular fashion
Weed eating done.

So I tidy in the front yard. Stuff that has been neglected over the last few years of illness, lack of time, and more illness.
Ripping the dry rotted fabric of the old popup gazebo and shoving it in the garbage can. it is trash day after all!
So now a couple of black bee things start buzzing about.
Maybe I should move on, do something else?
Nah, it's be Ok.
So one of them does a fly-by.
And stings me in the hand. In the fleshy part below the pinky.
(row of explicits)
this HURTS!
So, house remedies, Aspirin, Dermoplast spray and dietary supplements later, this still hurts.
Ok this will have to wait as well.

Let's see what else I can do today.
Maybe nothing on the roof.
No more electricity.
perhaps no fire either....
Ok, I think I will just knit something....then again. I have poked myself with my needles before, too.
Maybe read? Paper cuts are not so horrible.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So, I am really thinking I should retreat myself back to bed this morning.
Got up to do some yard work.
Grab the electric weed eater to cut a path through the tall grass.
Suddenly it sparks and flames up behind me: The extension cord had a damaged spot that arced out in a spectacular fashion
Weed eating done.

So I tidy in the front yard. Stuff that has been neglected over the last few years of illness, lack of time, and more illness.
Ripping the dry rotted fabric of the old popup gazebo and shoving it in the garbage can. it is trash day after all!
So now a couple of black bee things start buzzing about.
Maybe I should move on, do something else?
Nah, it's be Ok.
So one of them does a fly-by.
And stings me in the hand. In the fleshy part below the pinky.
(row of explicits)
this HURTS!
So, house remedies, Aspirin, Dermoplast spray and dietary supplements later, this still hurts.
Ok this will have to wait as well.

Let's see what else I can do today.
Maybe nothing on the roof.
No more electricity.
perhaps no fire either....
Ok, I think I will just knit something....then again. I have poked myself with my needles before, too.
Maybe read? Paper cuts are not so horrible.

Kind of like my morning, but mine was less incendiary and less painful

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah, I thought this about my dogs.
Now I have to make darn sure I am not leaving stepping stools out for them to make it on the counter.
Dog looking at me from the kitchen table:
'What?! The cat does it all the time!'
yeah, pup, I know. Don't like it then either. Get your rump off my table. (it's a hot mess, more like a desk, but you get the drift.
I'd agree if it wasn't for the "can't use his rear legs" part. He would be unable to hop onto a stepping stool, without us helping.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am happy to report back that as of 4:40 PM local DLST, no further incident has occurred.
The hand is still a wee bit tender, but mostly pain free.
I do need to toss the weed eater in the shed though.
I might buy some battery powered tools here in the nearest future.
I am taking recommendations. I have some Ryobi and Porter Cable. And a couple tools from the Walmart band (I did not buy them, too many different brands for my taste)

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am happy to report back that as of 4:40 PM local DLST, no further incident has occurred.
The hand is still a wee bit tender, but mostly pain free.
I do need to toss the weed eater in the shed though.
I might buy some battery powered tools here in the nearest future.
I am taking recommendations. I have some Ryobi and Porter Cable. And a couple tools from the Walmart band (I did not buy them, too many different brands for my taste)
I have a Lot of Ryobi tools. For production work, I recommend Milwaukee.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So, let's say you are a typical worker in a office. You have network printers that you use that you are linked to, and also has an IT department you can contact for assistance.

You are happily printing away on you big color printer one day and all of a sudden.... click here for appropriate music.....you notice your prints are coming out very light, almost unreasonably light, unreadable actually..... maybe you look at the little control panel screen and see all toner cartridges are low, maybe you don't.... but seeing that it is printing so light....what do you do? Remember, there is an IT office on the very same floor.....what do you do?

OK take your time...I'll wait for your answer.....

If you didn't say unplug it and walk away...then you're WRONG!!!!!!!

I have no idea why, and in my over 20 years of IT, I have not seen this before...but that is exactly what someone did....unplug it...from the wall...told no one...and walk away....

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No what I find amazing on MT, after 17 years of posting here..... that trolls show up and think they are new or something original.....
People seem confused sometimes as to why no one's engaging with certain questions. When a quick search would show the same question being asked in different way tens or hundreds of time.

It's not their fault - They weren't here for any of the discussions, and at this point if they reopen one of those threads they'll be derided for doing so. I just don't feel the need to engage in the same conversation when I've already heard every side of whatever idea/debate it may be, and can't help but feel they might learn more just reading some of the old threads on it, then trying to start a new one.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short scenic trip today.
IMG_3149[1].JPG
Trail is called "Tunnel Drive". When I was a kid, we would drive out to where it ends at the Arkansas River, jump in with inner tubes, and float back to tow. These days, you have to park and walk two miles to get to the river.

IMG_3217[1].JPG
Saw eleven of these fellows.

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
Short scenic trip today.
View attachment 29883
Trail is called "Tunnel Drive". When I was a kid, we would drive out to where it ends at the Arkansas River, jump in with inner tubes, and float back to tow. These days, you have to park and walk two miles to get to the river.

View attachment 29884
Saw eleven of these fellows.
You might want to check out Nemo's tunnel in Wartburg, TN near the Catoosa Wildlife Management area.Nemo Abandoned Train Tunnels and Catoosa Wildlife Management Area, TN

Latest Discussions