Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just want to say I was reading a couple of my recent posts and I apologize for the plethora of misspellings. If spell check does not get it I might miss it too

I had eye infections recently which left me with dry eye problems and the need to put drops in my eyes about every 15 to 30 minutes if I'm reading something or looking at computer screens. I will have another minor eye procedure in July that should help for about 6 months, been through 2 tests already that helped for about 2 or 3 days. They put plugs in ducts and it seems to help.

Just wanted to apologize for any misspellings and explain why it is happening more than usual lately

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I’m in Vancouver…. And I saw this yesterday….
You know about Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) well it appears there is also an Asian Fried Chicken (AFC) but they don’t have Colonel Sanders….. they have….

1686953748012.jpeg

Mao Zedong…... and I do believe they have used the Colonel’s body and put Mao’s head on it

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’m in Vancouver…. And I saw this yesterday….
You know about Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) well it appears there is also an Asian Fried Chicken (AFC) but they don’t have Colonel Sanders….. they have….

View attachment 29864

Mao Zedong…... and I do believe they have used the Colonel’s body and put Mao’s head on it
in all fairness, there were about a dozen guys like this in MASH. And not always the same dude either.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Advice, if in Vancouver, do not go to Chinatown, it is a nasty place and dying, where you can sense people openly doing drugs on the street, passed ou on stoops with the occasional prostitue strolling by.

All the good restraunts have moved out to other parts of the city and some f the best are in Richmond Ca. Richmond Ca. By the way has a population that is about 75% Chinese. Even the mall food courts there have amazing food. And as I was in a mall food court there watching Mrs Xue go crazy buying all sorts of food, I am still trying to figure out how to get back home on the flight, talking to various Chinese folk. I was the only none Chinese guy in the Mall, other than the 2 security guards.

Also per Mrs Xue, all fo the people she talked to said Chinatown in Vancouver is no longer Chinatown. Chinatown is Richmond.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know, it never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to give people money to get a job done. Getting quotes that range from $1100 to $10,000...for the same exact job.....others making excuses as to what I should do, that would be easier for them, but not at all what I want..... some not showing up for agreed meeting times, some showing up but leaving thinking I'm not here..they never came to the door, but they texted me when they arrived.... I was not watching for a text.....others not returning calls when you say they are hired...... had this on occasion pre-pandemic, but it has gotten much worse since....

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got a new dog this weekend, a six month old puppy. Woke up this morning at 5AM to him either trying to get my attention or trying to get onto my bed. Whatever his actual goal was, he 'hopped' headfirst into the bedframe and fell down on his side, so I had to get up to put him rightside up.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Got a new dog this weekend, a six month old puppy. Woke up this morning at 5AM to him either trying to get my attention or trying to get onto my bed. Whatever his actual goal was, he 'hopped' headfirst into the bedframe and fell down on his side, so I had to get up to put him rightside up.
I hope the little guy is okay. 😅

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our 3 month old Pyrenees is also a klutz. He can't figured out how to jump up on the couch or the bed. Instead of raising the front half and then jumping, he just bounces.
But life finds a way. He's gotten big enough already that he is just stepping up onto the couch instead of jumping.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our 3 month old Pyrenees is also a klutz. He can't figured out how to jump up on the couch or the bed. Instead of raising the front half and then jumping, he just bounces.
But life finds a way. He's gotten big enough already that he is just stepping up onto the couch instead of jumping.
We won't have to worry about that. He's too small to do that, and he can't use his rear legs so as long as something's sufficiently tall he's never reaching it.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We won't have to worry about that. He's too small to do that, and he can't use his rear legs so as long as something's sufficiently tall he's never reaching it.
There are advantages to that. Our little guy can take things off the dining room table. He's smart, so he will learn the rules, but right now he does.
When he's full grown, he could probably reach things on top of the fridge. Useful, if Mrs. Dog or I had trouble reaching the top shelf of the cabinets...

Latest Discussions