Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Aww shucks, the Hare Krishna person came back here again and started another thread, but were very swiftly banned again! I was so excited for some lovely discussion hehe
An actual hare krishna? I haven't heard anything about them in years.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Myself and my closest friend here both turn seventy two weeks apart. So we figured we'd have a little dinner with our gals. Flew in some lobster tails from Mail, some New England clam chowdah and lobster bisque from Cape Cod. It was supposed to be here Friday by five p.m.

We're still waiting. It left MA on Thursday, Fed Ex first flew it to one of their centers in Tennessee. It was there for 12 hours. (maybe it took them to the zoo, or something) then it spent a day in Texas. And then a day in Honolulu. It's on Maui now, God knows when it will get here, or if it will be edible by that time.

Good old FedEx, you know, "When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight."

Sons O beeches.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Myself and my closest friend here both turn seventy two weeks apart. So we figured we'd have a little dinner with our gals. Flew in some lobster tails from Mail, some New England clam chowdah and lobster bisque from Cape Cod. It was supposed to be here Friday by five p.m.

We're still waiting. It left MA on Thursday, Fed Ex first flew it to one of their centers in Tennessee. It was there for 12 hours. (maybe it took them to the zoo, or something) then it spent a day in Texas. And then a day in Honolulu. It's on Maui now, God knows when it will get here, or if it will be edible by that time.

Good old FedEx, you know, "When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight."

Sons O beeches.

Fed Ex is having a hard time. I had a package sit in the local distro warehouse for 4 days just waiting to be put on a truck. It was literally 10 miles from my house.

I haven't seen that problem with UPS or USPS, for what it's worth.

Not as fancy as East Coast lobster, but I did pick up some fresh lobster tails at Costco last weekend. Did a surf and turf on the grill... turned out pretty good. I don't cook a lot of lobsters, so I was a little worried about over or under cooking it.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Fed Ex is having a hard time. I had a package sit in the local distro warehouse for 4 days just waiting to be put on a truck. It was literally 10 miles from my house.

I haven't seen that problem with UPS or USPS, for what it's worth.

Not as fancy as East Coast lobster, but I did pick up some fresh lobster tails at Costco last weekend. Did a surf and turf on the grill... turned out pretty good. I don't cook a lot of lobsters, so I was a little worried about over or under cooking it.
The best laid plans of mice and men. It finally got here. All the ice packs melted, everything warm and stinking to high heaven. Going right to the dump.

So much for that. Shoulda went with a couple of Big Macks.

Gonna go with a different surf and turf today. I'm making a chicken soup and the Mrs is making fish sticks with fresh tuna, mashed potatoes, broccoli and a cheesecake.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The best laid plans of mice and men. It finally got here. All the ice packs melted, everything warm and stinking to high heaven. Going right to the dump.

Gonna go with a different surf and turf today. I'm making a chicken soup and the Mrs is making fish sticks with fresh tuna, mashed potatoes, broccoli and a cheesecake.
My suggestion is she keep the cheesecake out of the fish sticks. Fish sticks with mashed taters and broccoli is already weird enough. :)

Regarding the lobster tails, I don't know how appetizing it is to look at uncooked lobster, but that's what they looked like just before I put them on the grill. That's a compound butter with truffle oil and pepper. They were little guys... about 4 oz each. But pretty tasty.

IMG-0191-small.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Read the Biden Executive Order regarding vaccinations for federal employees and contractors. Was pleasantly surprised to see that there is no Federal mask mandate for vaccinated individuals in Federal buildings in areas of low to moderate transmission. So, out of curiosity, I checked the CDC website to see how many that is. 3.13% of all counties in the USA are low or moderate transmission. That is disheartening.

US_Level_of_Community_TransmissionAll_Counties.png

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sons O beeches.
They didn't say which night it would be over...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Read the Biden Executive Order regarding vaccinations for federal employees and contractors. Was pleasantly surprised to see that there is no Federal mask mandate for vaccinated individuals in Federal buildings in areas of low to moderate transmission. So, out of curiosity, I checked the CDC website to see how many that is. 3.13% of all counties in the USA are low or moderate transmission. That is disheartening.

View attachment 27283

State has a vaccine mandate coming soon and if you're not vaccinated weekly testing. We are already back to a mask mandate in all state offices, vaccinated does not matter

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Never thought about it but are there no shellfish around the islands?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Never thought about it but are there no shellfish around the islands?
There's pacific lobster, which is okay, but I really like Maine lobster. And east coast chowder and bisque.

I just heard back from the lobster people, I bought the insurance with the order (twelve bucks), so I get a full refund. Going to do it again with a different company.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
There's pacific lobster, which is okay, but I really like Maine lobster. And east coast chowder and bisque.

I just heard back from the lobster people, I bought the insurance with the order (twelve bucks), so I get a full refund. Going to do it again with a different company.

Wish I knew before, i was in Maine a few weeks ago, I could have picked a couple lobsters up for you :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am so bloody bored...... I have already done weights and knee exercises, climbed and descended stairs...if the dang knee worked I'd be doing taijiquan and other things...but noooooooooo

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
An actual hare krishna? I haven't heard anything about them in years.
Yeah legit, started a thread (and a couple of weeks back too) and did this whoooooole dialogue about the meaning of the entire universe, and the only way to be happy is to do certain behaviors and chant Hare Krishna, guaranteed happiness.

Was so looking forward to some responses, but locked doooown quick!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am so bloody bored...... I have already done weights and knee exercises, climbed and descended stairs...if the dang knee worked I'd be doing taijiquan and other things...but noooooooooo
In the past you have mentioned standing drills. Therapeutically, standing drills while slightly tensing the knees periodically, has helped me in the past....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
In the past you have mentioned standing drills. Therapeutically, standing drills while slightly tensing the knees periodically, has helped me in the past....

I was working with them, but I had to stop, the knee would not let me stand more than a few minutes. But things are improving, slowly, much slower than advertised, so it may be time to try them again