Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Busy with a new consulting client and some training clients. It's good to have work, but a bit tiring. I'm driving 2 hours each way most days (coming back to teach classes).
feast or famine. I like a regular paycheck, but your job is way sexier.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
feast or famine. I like a regular paycheck, but your job is way sexier.
It has its moments, my friend. I like the work, especially about 3 weeks into a project (when I start having real impact, but before it turns into "routine"). But I really don't like the down time - I don't deal well with it. These days, I'd trade it for a regular paycheck and a bit of routine, actually.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Going to support my neighbors kid at her judo tournament today. And smoking a brisket tomorrow. Hope it isn't too rainy.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of chores today. Guests coming in next weekend, and we never got around to Spring cleaning this year.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of chores today. Guests coming in next weekend, and we never got around to Spring cleaning this year.
False start. I got to the rug cleaning, and the rented Rug Doctor is kaput. Now awaiting my wife to return from the grocery store with a replacement.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Sue and I went and hung out at the animal shelter for about 5 hours on Friday. Met a bunch of dogs, but one fella clearly wanted to adopt us. So he did.
IMG_3355[1].JPG
This is Rowdy. He's about one year old, Australian Shepard mix. Thing is, I cannot for the life of me figure out why he'd be at the pound. He is gentle, gets along with the cats, and the grandkids. He knows his name, sits, and shakes. He walks on a leash without pulling. He ignores dogs barking at us when we walk, although he would really really like to go herd the neighbors horses. He does well in the car, although he's a little weird; he's the only dog I've ever known who sits in the floor instead of putting his head out the window.
Took him to the dog park today, and he'd listen even when playing with the other dogs. He'll play fetch for hours, and drops the ball at my feet without wrestling.
He's an absolute charmer. My guess is someone must have moved or something and been given no choice but to give him up. Nobody would spend the time it takes to socialize a dog this well and then drop them off at the pound because they lost interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.