Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope. We killed it around the 2012 election, as I recall. Things got way, way too heated, too many members were on thin ice over political discussion and it just plain wasn't fun. When Forum Foundry bought the site, they had dedicated politics forums and we began referring all political discussion there.
So yes, when management changed the study, etc became obsolete.
not missing the repub bot though and his basement....
although, I wonder where on 4chan he is now...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Interesting, I am from southwest Germany (around Stuttgart) but have never heard of Schwenkbraten before, which area specifically are you referring to?
It's a pork steak marinated and grilled over an open grill, and served on brotchen. It's delicious. Very popular around Hahn airbase, and around the Mosel river area. I lived in Traben trabach, and could get them any time at the butcher for grilling.

IIRC, it is actually pork jowl, which isn't all that easy to get in the states. Not a cut we typically eat.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's a pork steak marinated and grilled over an open grill, and served on brotchen. It's delicious. Very popular around Hahn airbase, and around the Mosel river area. I lived in Traben trabach, and could get them any time at the butcher for grilling.

IIRC, it is actually pork jowl, which isn't all that easy to get in the states. Not a cut we typically eat.
no neck cutlets

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope. We killed it around the 2012 election, as I recall. Things got way, way too heated, too many members were on thin ice over political discussion and it just plain wasn't fun. When Forum Foundry bought the site, they had dedicated politics forums and we began referring all political discussion there.

Yeah, it does not seem people can learn to agree to disagree on that one, or religion, or abortion, or...well, shoot, I don't have all day to list topics people cannot agree on. Because that's pretty much every topic.

And I am sure someone will disagree with me on THAT.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Proctoring my final exam....oh how they're sweating.......muahhahaha!!!! :cigar:

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's simply not seared into your memory the way it is for thosr of us on Staff... there's not enough alcohol to purge my memory...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Been training a new hire all day. While that is cool, I hate getting to sneak on MT for a post when the work gets caught up!

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just looked up, and see a guy running down the street, backpack on, carrying a sledge hammer... Odd.

Made contact. He's a servicemember preparing for training. They suggest carrying the hammer instead of a rubber rifle or the like. Makes sense, still eye catching., y'know.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
More than half my day is a struggle to find something to do.

I guess it could be worse. Could be back in that awful grade 13 title.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Super busy, I take it!

Same here actually, or at least it feels that way. Last night I had a major breakthrough when it comes to figuring out where to focus my training (with the help of some fine people on this site). Sometimes my girlfriend goes crazy when I keep banging my head against a particular problem for what she considers to be an extended period of time, but I always say to her, "Bang your head against it long enough, and eventually it will break!"

Now you might get left with one hell of a headache, but when that clears up, you can enjoy your success!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The other night, my wife's Iphone6 called me all by itself. She was nowhere near it. This is the the third time that's happened. Googling, I see this happens to a lot of people.

My old fashion flip phone, on the other hand, has never called anyone without my permission. And people wonder why I don't upgrade. Ha!, I say to you, HA!

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
The other night, my wife's Iphone6 called me all by itself. She was nowhere near it. This is the the third time that's happened. Googling, I see this happens to a lot of people.

My old fashion flip phone, on the other hand, has never called anyone without my permission. And people wonder why I don't upgrade. Ha!, I say to you, HA!

It's alive.....alternatively it could be the Russians.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions