10th degree

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have removed the URLs and left a pointer to the message in this thread with the correct URL. Happy Surfing!

Incidentally, we do not read every thread so feel free to e-mail or PM such requests in the future.

-Arnisador
-MT Mod-

R

Rainman

Did you view the vid clips? Been on the mat with 'em they thought I was a grappler... :rolleyes: NO forms, and no going backwards... they are decent people though. I will never jump off high buildings again. I will never jump off high buildings again. I will never jump off high buildings again. ETC.

:asian:

R

Rainman

Did ya ever have someone do a tek on you- and during that time you figured out if ya grabbed them by the hair and threw them down your turn would come faster? Or wear yourself out doing california rolls while they were trying to put you in a crucifix? So much for degrees of lethality... So How is the AKSC doing? More people interested in board certification from the members?

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dennis,

I will nominate you for sokeship and a Black Belt with a gold lamé stripe running the length of same. All I ask in return is that you nominate me for sokeship and a Black Belt with a gold lamé stripe running the length of same.

Barring that, I will buy you one trip through a Chinese Buffet in Kansas City.

How say you Oh Golden Dragon?

Hot Water? Indeed! When have you ever known me to be afraid of a little hot water, or even political hot water? Except, possibly for that time in Tallahassee, when I got caught wearing the Gorilla Costume!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dan

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
there were a whole lot of 10th degrees on that site....... Geezzz.......... I guess Kenpo does NOT have more 10ths than other arts......:rofl:

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

Then we better get to work! :rofl: Seriously, I think we need a lot less 10ths. That whole 10th thing is leaving a real sour taste right about now.:(

Hey Seig!

How's 'bout we make up an 11th degree. It could be a Red belt with black degree stripes. Then we could show that website who's really in charge! :rofl:

Dan

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

a 10th Degree I hear........

I heard that too. But I also heard he didn't want it. I heard the
same about Mr Trejo, someone gave him a 10th, he didn't ask
for it, didn't want it. All this info isn't even 2nd hand, more like
3rd or 4th, but if it's true WHAFCK??? Why are people handing
out 10ths??

G

GouRonin

I spoke with Huk and asked him about it.

GR- "I hear you're a 10th now?"

H- "They gave me one."

GR- "What do you think about it?"

H- "It was nice"

GR- "So if someone asks you about it what will you say?"

H- "I don't know. Hopefully they just won't ask."

GR- "See you on the floor in Canada?"

H- "Sure."

...something tells me that he's not too worked up about it.
:rolleyes:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My instructor told me about this last week so I went to CKF online and there is a story there about it.

Here's a link to the story Birthday Bash and here is part of the story:

Before Mr. Planas started, Mr. Ed Parker Jr. got up, with urging from the other Senior Ranks there, to announce that against his wishes, Mr. Planas was being elected up to 10th Degree Black Belt. There was much applause, and Edmund continued on, with all of us in agreement, about Huk's dedication to the Art, to his students and to Mr. Parkers memories. About how he has never been one to further his own aims, but to help others long their own.

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Klondike93

My instructor told me about this last week so I went to CKF online and there is a story there about it.

Here's a link to the story Birthday Bash and here is part of the story:

Before Mr. Planas started, Mr. Ed Parker Jr. got up, with urging from the other Senior Ranks there, to announce that against his wishes, Mr. Planas was being elected up to 10th Degree Black Belt. There was much applause, and Edmund continued on, with all of us in agreement, about Huk's dedication to the Art, to his students and to Mr. Parkers memories. About how he has never been one to further his own aims, but to help others long their own.

Was Ed Parker Jr. also responsible for granting Chuck Sullivan his 10th degree as well? I saw on his site that he is also referring to himself as Senior Grandmaster- though i thought the SGM was reserved for Ed Parker only:confused:

"GR- "So if someone asks you about it what will you say?"

H- "I don't know. Hopefully they just won't ask."

- does that mean that Huk is going to take the 5th when asked about the 10th?:shrug:

peace.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I hadn't even noticed that he was being refered to as SGM, so it goes back to my original statement, there shouldn't be any 10th's except Ed Parker Sr.