Mr. Frank Trejo - 10th Degree ?

N

nathan_sau

its all very interesting indeed, but i do remember reading something about that with chow, somewhere sorry i cant recall.

It must be hard for you Master C, to have to bite your tongue so muck on the goings on of your fellow senior belts, but i would love to hear you thoughts on who deserves the rank of 10th and who doesnt.

By the way you never did get back to me about the long distance learning thing through your organisation!!!

Respectfully
Nathan
:asian:

N

nathan_sau

Master C, i got your original email, but if you have sent another one with the info i requested in my reply email, then sorry i didnt get it...

Respectfully
Nathan_sau

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Check out the pick from the WKKA 2001 Annual Camp.

Also check out Our Instructors and scroll down to Mr. Trejo.

It must be an association thing....:confused:

Attachments

• $promos%20021.jpg
    $promos%20021.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 142

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Palanzo did bestow the rank on Frank Trejo and Tom Kelly last year........ Mr. Kelly turned it down and continues to wear his 9th.
I hear Mr. Trejo is doing the same...... we will see.......

I know that Joe Palanzo himself as head of the WWKKA views them as 10ths personally (why not ....... he promoted them) but to me..... with out the acceptance of the rank...... it should not be advertised as it may cause these men undue pressures.......

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I think he knows well "who who in the zoo" and why.... LOL
I don't think he wants to upset them but honor them, but he must look outside his own circle and see what the rest of the world would view this as.

These two men have a lot of pride and don't need a cheap nor "private" intraassocian promotion by "anyone". A collective promotion from all of the top seniors would be more like it.

But that is just my opinion.

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
After Parkers passing other associations were formed, one of which Promoted Planas to Eighth degree in 1991 and in 1995 several associations joined together to promote him to 9th Black.

taken from CKF Online's Huk Planas Bio

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm curious here. If not for associational rankings, how would one go about "graduating" to the higher ranks?

Dan

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good question?

I don't think they are bad, or wrong. However I do believe that if a Senior is to be promoted to that degree (10th) it should go through a board of their peers. :asian:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sigung86

Guys,

I'm curious here. If not for associational rankings, how would one go about "graduating" to the higher ranks?

Dan

Good question Sigung, and here's something else to add to it.

Most of the Seniors that were with Mr. Parker are now at 7th,8th or 9th, why do they need to be any higher? Would make them any more/less appreciated than they are now? Would it make them any better at kenpo? So why bother with it, and I think that if someone is promoted to 10th they lose some respect, because Mr. Parker was the only 10th (and it should have stayed that way in my opinion). Cudos to Mr. Trejo for not wanting it.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Klondike93

Good question Sigung, and here's something else to add to it.

Most of the Seniors that were with Mr. Parker are now at 7th,8th or 9th, why do they need to be any higher? Would make them any more/less appreciated than they are now? Would it make them any better at kenpo? So why bother with it, and I think that if someone is promoted to 10th they lose some respect, because Mr. Parker was the only 10th (and it should have stayed that way in my opinion). Cudos to Mr. Trejo for not wanting it.

I agree with you Klondike 93, with someone at the pinacle already, what more do they need?:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sigung86

Sometimes a special board of grandmasters of various arts is used. There's a Japanese and/or Okinawan precedent for this I believe, for people creating new styles.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador

Sometimes a special board of grandmasters of various arts is used. There's a Japanese and/or Okinawan precedent for this I believe, for people creating new styles.

Unfortunately, we aren't creating a new style. All that rank, so freely given, is heady, is it not? :eek:

Dan

Latest Discussions