Mr. Frank Trejo - 10th Degree ?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sigung86

Unfortunately, we aren't creating a new style.

In some cases I'm tempted toplay edvil's advocate and ask--aren't they? Or rather, wishing they ahd invented the art they are practicing.

All that rank, so freely given, is heady, is it not?

Though there are certainly exceptions, I seem to notice a negative correlation between number of titles and quality of practitioner...it takes a lot of time away from practice setting up all thosepromotions.

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Though there are certainly exceptions, I seem to notice a negative correlation between number of titles and quality of practitioner...it takes a lot of time away from practice setting up all those promotions.

It's not the number of titles but the character of the person with the titles I think. To many s**tbums out there claiming to be masters, or that they trained directly with Mr. Parker...it is shameful.
:asian:

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hee hee hee...

What do I really think? Well....

There are many out their that maker erroneous claims of training directly with Ed Parker Sr.

Just because you took a lesson or some lessons with him for a few months doesn't make you his student!

Then their are some, who when the came on the seen claimed to train directly with Ed Parker, yet the IKKA rep for the region until Parker's death never heard of him. (Hint: He can sell Kenpo into "Infinity"...LOL)

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How'd you know how I felt?:D I agree with you totally.... usually that statement is from someone that really was a close student of his ..... you have great perception and feelings for the art!

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

How'd you know how I felt?:D I agree with you totally.... usually that statement is from someone that really was a close student of his ..... you have great perception and feelings for the art!

Two Goldendragons out there? There is trouble on the horizon.

Does that mean cause the Goldendragon has taught me once, that I'm not his student?:vu:

R

RCastillo

Dan and I will still coddle you.....

Whew, I was worried I'd be abandonded in the Kenpo world. It's cold, lonely out there in the Arizona desert!:confused:

R

RCastillo

Never fear you'll always hafe Corpus......

for the time being.:shrug:

Hmmmmm, that don't sound too good.:(

R

RCastillo

maybe we can work out an extended contract.......

That sounds like I'm being sold Kenpo lessons?!?:confused:

R

RCastillo

Territorial rights..... but lessons might be a good addition... I'll bring that to the accountant.:rofl:

Franchise rights, to the IKKO? Sounds promising!

I'm thinking of all the things I'll be able to buy!:boing2:

I can quit my day job!

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score

Well thank you Dennis.

Let me explain why I have such strong feelings for the Art...

I have been training at Parker Kenpo now for a mere 16 yrs. For all of those on this forum that never met Mr. Parker, all I can say is I wish you could have. Every time it was like a revalation, a super emotionally charged and motivating experience.

However, in the region of the country I live in their are many shiesters that claim to have been taught by Mr. Parker, or claim to have expanded on the principles "taught to them" by Mr. Parker. Some even go as far as to claim to be promoted to high ranks of black by him!!! They have falsely advertised this and have given "Kenpo" a bad rap. People go in expecting to learn EPAK and get sub standard Kenpo.
It really burns me up:cuss:

Being privledged to have met the man (Parker) and partake in seminars with him, and now as a student of one of his students, I feel that if you claim to teach EPAK, put up or shut up. Don't bastardize the art or use the mans' name to promote yourself to a higher status yet make NO attempt to even learn the art that is so dear to my heart...:soapbox: