• Jean-Claude Van Damme

• Bolo Yeung

• Someone Else - Please post a reply

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Eraser
Well this former Aikido girl... enjoys watching Steven Segal in action... He's been my favorite for as long as i can Remember....

Isn't he pregnant now? Looks like it...

Oh man, I'm going straight to hell now aren't I?
:eek:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My Favourite Martial Artist would be Mr. Ed Parker, Sr.
Because:
1. He created the Internationals where guys like Chuck Norris got lots of fame
2. He was skilled beyond the comprehension of many
3. He taught so many people and had such an influence on so many arts because of the way Kenpo is structured on Principles and Concepts and not specific moves
4. And because to my knowledge he was about as devastating in his 50's as he was in his 20's and no one ever questioned his authenticity and skill. He knew so much. He was undoubtedly gifted with great skills as well, but there is so much in Kenpo I am frequently amazed.
5. And he was in "Kill the Golden Goose" :lol:

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jackie Chan is definitely my favorite! Awesome stunts and action!
I love the humor in his movies. :lol:

Robyn :asian:

OP
D

DJDragon

As far as training goes, I really admire Bruce Lee. I've seen his daily sit up schedule and it's just insane.

He was a great man, and did so much in his life time for movies and for the world in general.

As far as martial arts go, I think his side kick was just perfect. Love the one from Enter the Dragon against Bob Wall.

Another movie star i really admire is Robin Shou. I really like how his kicks are perfect with both legs. I try to work on that in my training too.

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd have to say for me it's, in paticular order: Master Todd Taylor, one of my instructors, Kano Sensei for the inovation of Judo as a sport, Chuck Norris for his dedication, Jeff Speakman for his motion, and Grandmaster John Pelligrini for his inovation in the modern world.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Could the Poll be reworked to reflect whose getting votes?
It seems there are more "Other" than anything else. Is it possible to delete some of the guys with almost no votes and show the rankings of the more prominent "others?"

Just a thought.

Among "other" is there any way they could be tabulated and put into a post once a week or so if the poll itself can not be amended?

Thank you.

OP
E

Eraser

Originally posted by GouRonin

Isn't he pregnant now? Looks like it...

Oh man, I'm going straight to hell now aren't I?
:eek:

Gou saying stuff like that... HECK ya....
;)

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Eraser
Gou saying stuff like that... HECK ya....
;)

Well, it could be worse. I could be boring!
:D

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think Bruce Lee did more for CMA than for any other system of MA. He did probably more for MA then most anyone else, but as far as CMA goes, he was the lone person who opened the culture and his ideas to show the beauty of the CMA was amazing! His philosophies were byond his time I think.

7sm

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually he brought western boxing and fencing techiques into CMA. He pioneered cross training and broken the taboo that tradition in MA must be upheld. He brought scientific conditioning into MA . I think he also cracked open the mystic nature of MA and presented it as a scientfic training.

He was not the only MArtist to provide a scientific framework for MA. Gen Choi , founder of ITF TaeKwonDo, created a unified and regulated curriculum for TKD, based on his Theory of Power. Ed Parker Sr, established American Kempo and advanced the principles of motion as the foundation for Advanced kempo. Imi Sde-Orr refined unarmed defence against armed attack, Krav Maga. It is simple, efficient and effective. It is so simple one would wonder,"Is that all it takes?" . Actually, no. It takes some conditioning. If you kick and punch like Oprah, then you are out of luck. lol

OP
M

MartialArtist

The two were hapkido masters. Responsible for teaching people from Jackie Chan to the bodyguards during the Nixon administration to elite forces to the FBI to Bruce Lee.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by MartialArtist

Jin Pal Kim
Ji Han Jae

The two were hapkido masters. Responsible for teaching people from Jackie Chan to the bodyguards during the Nixon administration to elite forces to the FBI to Bruce Lee.

I would be interested to see where you received your info about this. I haven't heard of either with Jackie Chan. Do you have a link or anything I could read up on about them? I've read Jackies book, but it didn't mention them either.

7sm

OP
S

sparky

I met many Grand Masters in Las Vegas in 99 at the Gathering of the Eagles, but there were two that I really connected with
David German and Andy McGill both were very knowledgable and humble

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
my vote goes to Jackie Chan...

because of his talent to reach out to people not only with his martial arts skills, but with his excellent comic timing as well.

OP
S

Shinzu

bruce lee has always been my favorite. with all the martial artists around, i feel he is still the most talented and true artist to date. chuck norris would be my second choice.

OP
T

theneuhauser

KWAN TAK HING

the original wong fei hung

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, since the question has been posed,

1. I would have to say my favorite MAist is my master instructor Jae Heon Lee, a 7th dan Taekwondo black belt. I've learned so much from his instruction :asian:

2. Chuckie Norris. When I was a young pup he came to visit our school and gave the student body a demonstration of his MA skills. It was an awesome show! Afterward, he gave us a speech encouraging to do our best in school and in life, and always strive to be the best. Also, he's grounded in the Korean MAs which is another plus for me since I also study a Korean MA :)

3. Jet Li, he rocks! It's great watching his skills in his films, that my friends is cool :yinyang:

Latest Discussions