• Bruce Lee

• Jean-Claude Van Damme

• Bolo Yeung

• Someone Else - Please post a reply

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
D

daniel_r

Im not sure about Chuck either.... wouldnt suprise me if he has earned it though

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by daniel_r

Im not sure about Chuck either.... wouldnt suprise me if he has earned it though

In an interview I heard on the radio about a year ago, he was
(at that time) a brown belt.

OP
D

daniel_r

Kirk

I remember reading in magazine about Chuck's training i couldnt imagine doing that much excercise ever that he does at his age now.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk

TELL ME ABOUT! He just had a baby too! :eek:

And he didn't even look pregnant. The man is amazing.:rofl:

--Dave:D

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I voted Bruce Lee, because he was the reason I got started in martial arts in the first place. He influenced my thinking for a long time. He's still my idol, but then so is Mr. Parker, maybe even more so than Lee. I did get to meet Mr. Parker once and I also got the chance to me Chuck Norris once too. Of course both times the only question I could ask was, "what was it like to work with Bruce Lee"? Now I would ask so much more, but hind sight is 20/20 after all. Now look at Jet Li, the guy is incredible with some of the moves he can do. If you look at the one thing these guys all have in common it's one thing, work ethic. They all worked their butts off to get where they were/are and made some sacrifices along the way too.

So my choices

1. Bruce Lee
2. Edmund Parker Sr.
3. Chuck Norris
4. Jet Li

:asian:

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by D.Cobb

And he didn't even look pregnant. The man is amazing.:rofl:

--Dave:D

I've only said this once on this forum before, but I feel compelled
to say it yet again, in reply to Dave's post:

BOOOOO!!!!!!!! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ;)

:rofl: :rofl:

OP
I

islandtime

Originally posted by Carbon

Chuck Norris ;( I think he is too old to pull off his Texas Ranger show. Hehehe :)

Chuck old?? No way..Next thing you will say Sammo is too heavy:D

Gene Gabel

OP
T

Ty K. Doe

I'm going to have to go with Jhoon Rhee. He's done a lot for kids, piloting anti-drug programs, developed sparring gear, had a close relationship with Bruce Lee, and much, much more. Not to mention being a great martial artist. At 68 he does 1000 push-ups a day (wow). Hope I'll be that healthy when I'm his age.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm still a big fan of Bill Wallace. You have to admire a guy in his 50's that can still kick like he's 20. For some reason I became a left footed kicker because of him.

:asian:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk

I've only said this once on this forum before, but I feel compelled
to say it yet again, in reply to Dave's post:

BOOOOO!!!!!!!! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ;)

:rofl: :rofl:

You love me.... You REALLY love me!!:rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
--Dave:rofl:

OP
M

meltdown51

I voted for Bruce as I still believe he did more for the martial arts than anyone else. He basically brought out to others the idea of cross training which is almost the norm now. he was one of the first to train other nationallities what at the time was only for asians. He was one of the first to make realistic martial arts movies (less wire work on the stunts). These are just some of the reasons I am a Bruce fan.

Joe

OP
T

Tachi

I gotta say I like Jackie the best - he seems more real than the other guys - willing to show when things don't work the way he wanted..;)

Just my humble opinion...:asian:

Tachi

OP
E

Eraser

Well this former Aikido girl... enjoys watching Steven Segal in action... He's been my favorite for as long as i can Remember....

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For my TSD favs, it would have to be Ki Yun Yi (my former grandmaster), and C.S. Kim. Both are great martial artists. At a local tourny in NJ, both did a demo and blew me away. They were sharp, and very experienced. They are also good friends (despite the fact that they have two different assn's).

For TKD, I would have to say my old instructor. He teaches TSD, but he started in TKD, and he is awsome in both arts.

As for the movies, I would have to say Jackie Chan. I like funny stuff, and martial arts. And he puts both of them together in his movies. And despite the fact that he's a huge star now, he is very humble.

OP
R

RoninWolf

I favour Chuck Norris as well, as much for what he seems to represent as his actual skills.
But I also have to throw in Royce Gracie, whose bouts inspired me to start studying the martial arts.