• Bruce Lee

• Jean-Claude Van Damme

• Bolo Yeung

• Someone Else - Please post a reply

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
S

Shurikan

Bruce Lee - If ever the statement "Martial Arts is in my Blood" is true then it was Seeing Bruce Lee that started the flow of it in my veins.

OP
S

SMP

:idunno: Looks like mostly movie stars were considered

OP
A

Aaron Little

I am going to vote for my grilfriend as my favorite martial artist and soon to be Pro MMA fighter.

OP
B

blackbeltedbeauty

Shurikan said:
Bruce Lee - If ever the statement "Martial Arts is in my Blood" is true then it was Seeing Bruce Lee that started the flow of it in my veins.

I'm with Shurikan on that one. Bruce Lee showed me a life I would have never known without him. If I had never seen Bruce Lee, I'd have never known the joy, health, and peace martial arts brings me. One day, my dad rented the Chinese Connection and I watched it with him. Then was when I knew what I wanted to do with my life. Thank you Bruce Lee.
:partyon:

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I must say that I love Bruce Lee as well. However, I am completely enamored by Stephen K. Hayes.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
I noticed the poll was pretty heavy with actors. my vote is for Ed Parker, his system of effected millions, his tournament introduced us to Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Mike Stone and many others.
gonna have to stick to roots with this one, my vote goes for SGM Parker as well, without the Longbeach Internationals, Bruce Lee wouldn't be a household name.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Originally Posted by Rob Broad:
I noticed the poll was pretty heavy with actors. my vote is for Ed Parker, his system affected millions, his tournament introduced us to Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Mike Stone and many others.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]gonna have to stick to roots with this one, my vote goes for SGM Parker as well, without the Longbeach Internationals, Bruce Lee wouldn't be a household name. -Cthulhu[/QUOTE]

Very well put, Cthulhu & Rob Broad. Those are exactly the reasons that my vote is also for Mr. Parker, SGM of American Kenpo Karate - may he rest in peace. :asian:

OP
J

jdam76

I would say Rickson Gracie. His competitive record of 398 wins 0 losses is staggering. Until someone beats him, id have to say hes the best. And if you watch his fights, he just doesnt beat his opponents... he punishes them. Also for his and his brothers efforts to expose Brazilian JJ to the rest of the world.

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
SGM Edmund Parker. An amazing Martial Artist and the teacher for most of the martial artists I most admire.

Jeff

Paul Genge

Green Belt
Reaction score
Most of the list are martial arts performers and not martial artists in the true sense of the word.

Of the real martial artists that I have met I would place Michael Ryabko and Vladimir Vasiliev at the top purely because they have experienced real conflict using their knowledge and have an amzazing method of passing their skills onto others. I know there are many others that are worth note teachers of the Russian System, but these two are the best I have been exposed to.

Paul Genge
http://www.russianmartialart.org.uk

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

I voted for Jet Li on the list, because he is very impressive, but I would also have to go with Jimmy Pedro, cause he's real life.

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I personally like that guy off "Kung Pow". You know, the one who they trained wrong just as a joke.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Face to fist style, how'd you like it?"

"I'm bleeding, making me the victor!"

great stuff

OP

5 hand swords

brianbarton said:
I realise this questions has probably been asked some time in the past, however, I would love to know peoples thoughts.

Who is your favourite martial artist, and why if you want to say?

Brian
Wow clicked this and got a movie star top ten list
Sorry diffrent question and with the poll format you really don't want a reply.

OP
H

HonshinWarrior

I am going to have to go with Shihan Albert Mady ( 8th Dan in Isshinryu Karate) The man is incredible.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am going to say Eizo Shimabukuro. This man is truley a great teacher!

Latest Discussions