• Bruce Lee

• Jean-Claude Van Damme

• Bolo Yeung

• Someone Else - Please post a reply

Results are only viewable after voting.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Miyamoto Musashi, without a doubt. I've been reading/studying his Go Rin no Sho (three different translations) for about 26 years now, and I figure ten times that would not be enough to exhaust it. IMO, natch. :asian:

Seigi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
GM Remy Presas,

Because he amazed me with his ability to combine strikes, locks, throws, take-downs & more into a fluid art.

R.I.P.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have the utmost repect for Mr. Norris and I think it will be near impossible to ever find an equal in many ways to Mr. Inosanto (who would be my personal pick). Still here are a few names that I think should make the list. (note: I could go on and on and still not hit everyone, so please don't jump me if I forgot a few.)

Antonio Illutrisimo
Angel Cabales
Leo Giron
Floro Villabrille
Remy Presas (of course)
the brothers Canete
Ernesto Presas
Anciong Bacon
Leo Gaje
John? LaCoste
Ben? Largusa

Larry Hartzell
Dr. Maung Gyi
Chai Sirisute
Marc Denny
Col. W E Fairbairn
Vut Kamnark

Most aren't actors or movie stars, but they have definitly earned my respect.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Although I favour Bruce Lee I have to say I have the utmost respect for Jackie Chan. Hes getting old but still out there trying to kill himself like everyday. I mean you would have to run over him twice to BEAT him, and thats with a steamroller!! :rofl:

OP
A

A.R.K.

I voted for Jackie Chan. He's talented and funny. And the 'out takes' at the end of his films....OUCH!!!

:D

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
While back I voted for my instructor. Now since I have had a falling out, even thought I think he is still great, my vote has changed. Got a nice letter from young man I trained till he left for the Navy. Said how I changed his life. So I vote for myself now.
Bob :asian:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sammo Hung. I loved the way he did as Sammo Law in the TV show, Martial Law. I thought he's really cool with how
he used ordinary stuff as weapons.

I love Chuck Norris as a Texas Ranger especially for his compassion as well as fighting ability.

I like Jackie Chan for his humor. Bruce Lee is awesome for his fighting skills.

- Ceicei

OP
M

MartialArtsGuy

I have to say my favorite martial artist is me! :D

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I can only favour people I have met, seen in action or trained with. Stars don't pull it off for me, due to the choreography in movies. Though Jackie Chan is the best to watch, hopefully one day him and JCVD will do a movie where JCVD gets snuffed by Jackie Chan!!!

I have favorites for reasons. Master Mark Grove for showing me what a body in motion can do, he is freaking amazing. Moves like a hummingbird.
For the limited stuff I have seen it was Rob Farr, ROBBO on this board that inspired me to get back into training, I had left for a while some years ago. Rob is incredibly fast, it was him launching my nuts into my thoat that said hey get back to the dojo you knob!
Jackson Wagner of the Ookami Ryu has taught me so much over the years of accuracy and traditionalism. He taught me of honour too, I know nobody who stands by his word like Jackson.
Hatsumi Sensei for making me see that it is not the move, it is the movement.
Nagato S. For showing how to be a monster of a man and still smile like a child.
Pierre Benoit for now mentoring me, and showing me how to relax in my movement.
Johan Ospina for being my teacher, and showing me much much more than technique. And for actually picking on my faults enough to have me fix them LOL
Frank Hill for giving me the foundation for what I study, and to this day pretty much the best moving martial artist I have ever met.

Thats enough eh

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
A.R.K. said:
I voted for Jackie Chan. He's talented and funny. And the 'out takes' at the end of his films....OUCH!!!

:D
When it comes to movies Jackie Chan is awesome, so funny and his choreographing is amazing.

OP
G

gyaku-zuki queen

jet li.. definetly jet li. the movies he made a while ago (the ones made in china and you rent them but they are subtitled it you want english..something like that) those were cool and his new movies are cool.
i cant wait untill his movie 'hero' comes out. its gonna be sweet!!! :)

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I read a book of chuck norris' called, I think, zen and the martial arts, and it was a great book, so I'm voting for him. I've had a couple of pretty good instructors, but I get the feeling that we're talking about people who have affected a whole lot of people, and are kind of considered the greats. Best fighter I've ever seen was Troy Dorsey, world kickboxing champion and world boxing champion at welterweight or lightweight. His fight with a guy named Kevin Green was the greatest fight ever. I've never seen anything like him.

OP
O

OC Kid

I would have to definately say that IM my favorite MA...:>) Because Im just one heck of a nice guy and not bad looking to

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I noticed the poll was pretty heavy with actors. my vote is for Ed Parker, his system of effected millions, his tournament introduced us to Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Mike Stone and many others.

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My Instructor, Grandmaster Tae Zee Park, who has forgotten more about Tae Kwon Do than most of us will ever know. A living embodiment of a true Grandmaster who constantly pushes us to try harder and improve ourselves.

Most of the others are (yawn) TV and movie actors. I used to think Chuck Norris was the Man when I was 13 or 14. Now he just bores me, and I can't watch his movies without laughing. Same with Van Damme.
I do give credit to Bruce Lee-he was amazing to watch onscreen. His followers really need to stop worshipping him though.

OP
O

OC Kid

I like Mastah ChaaaChiiiing 10th dan of the Fu-U system..:>)

OP
M

MisterMike

I'm sticking with the movie theme : Steven Seagal