You WILL get cut if someone has a knife. I disagree....

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The situation is different if you're attacked by say 2 guys. Impossible to watch everything if they're moving fast, one moves to your side..cut, stab. You're in trouble. Even the dumbest kid can do it.
Fact is though even kids like to play with blades & even without martial arts training can be fast and dangerous
Hopefully the cane even the odds a little.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hopefully the cane even the odds a little.
Definitely will. What's good about it is it's not seen to be a weapon in the streets.
At least not here. Look at the below Video just random attacks. The first guy just didn't realise or was scared just wanted to get past the guy. It happens so fast. From the side stab it's done.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Definitely will. What's good about it is it's not seen to be a weapon in the streets.
At least not here. Look at the below Video just random attacks. The first guy just didn't realise or was scared just wanted to get past the guy. It happens so fast. From the side stab it's done.
Scary.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's not obvious, so why do people get sucker punched? You talk like you can see every situation..sorry but not true.

Poor distance management generally.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221014-195937_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20221014-195937_Google.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 46

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Poor distance management generally.
Not in a crowded bar. Guy smashed you with a glass from the side. You don't see it coming, that's my point here. You cannot always see the danger so how do you prepare? Different if a guy approches you.

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Not in a crowded bar. Guy smashed you with a glass from the side. You don't see it coming, that's my point here. You cannot always see the danger so how do you prepare? Different if a guy approches you.
You are talking about two different things. One is a blindsided hit, the other is an attack you know is coming.
Are you talking about awareness? Some mystical higher sense of order? Personally, I think that is BS. But being aware in whatever the situation is just common sense. In a 'bad' bar? Head up, don't lean on the bar like a slouch and hold your glass tight. Survey and see the room. A person does not have to be a douche to do these things.

OP
J

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Regarding someone showing the knife vs hiding it...

Generally when someone shows a knife, the knife is being displayed for the purpose of "violence of action." In other words the criminal is displaying it to gain compliance. Often this is an economic crime. The best way to deescalate this is through compliance. They want your car, phone, wallet, whatever.... Give it to them. The best way to escalate this is to resist, now you end up getting cut, or killed by someone who didn't really intend on doing that. This is what the Krav Maga crowd hasn't seed to figure out....

Regarding the hidden knife. You don't have to see the knife to prepare for the reality that you are in a knife fight. Awareness of hand accountability is important. If you can't see both of his hands, it's a high probability a weapon is going to come into play. You can prepare mentally and tactically for a knife attack, prior to seeing it. If someone is not showing you both hands, begin to prepare that a weapon is likely about to be used.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You are talking about two different things. One is a blindsided hit, the other is an attack you know is coming.
yes but the poster said he can stop a knife coming out before it happens, my point is/was you cannot do this in a lot of situations. follow the thread please.
Are you talking about awareness?
the other poster was talking about this...follow the thread.
Personally, I think that is BS.
you think everything is i post so no big deal ..bro haha
Survey and see the room.
have you ever been in a really crowded bar where people are very close & all around you?

being aware in whatever the situation is just common sense.
yes but if you had followed the thread you would read my points on the unexpected happening fast. never mind...

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Are you talking about awareness? Some mystical higher sense of order? Personally, I think that is BS. But being aware in whatever the situation is just common sense. In a 'bad' bar? Head up, don't lean on the bar like a slouch and hold your glass tight. Survey and see the room. A person does not have to be a douche to do these things.
Explain why you disagree?

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
yes but the poster said he can stop a knife coming out before it happens, my point is/was you cannot do this in a lot of situations. follow the thread please.

the other poster was talking about this...follow the thread.

you think everything is i post so no big deal ..bro haha

have you ever been in a really crowded bar where people are very close & all around you?

yes but if you had followed the thread you would read my points on the unexpected happening fast. never mind...
I tried to follow the thread and it is all over the place. That was my point about you using two scenarios.

Yes, I have been in a crowded bar more than I care to admit. My assertions would apply even more in this case.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My assertions would apply even more in this case.
OK & if you cannot see all around you? not sure what bars you´ve been in but some bars get very full & are dark. Of course the Pink Flamingo bar might be different :kiss:

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just watching the news here, a young boy chased into a Supermarkt cornered & in front of witnesses stabbed by a gang of youths
The worst is when you don't expect anything and all of a sudden it happens. You might have things in your mind and it just doesn't register.

We have this everyday here because they let all the crazy people and criminals out, they caught a lot of those crazy attacks on videos.

Gangs too, but here, they shoot!!!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK & if you cannot see all around you? not sure what bars you´ve been in but some bars get very full & are dark. Of course the Pink Flamingo bar might be different :kiss:
The pink flamingo seems like a decent night out.

Latest Discussions