when not doing martial arts

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
ok i know that we all do martial arts(or should be) but when you are not, what do you do??

Me, i love to fish,do we have any of you out there
eek.gif
, i do both freshwater, and saltwater,in fact i try to fish everyday,yesterday i got this bigmouth bass,i will be adding some pictures (the bass was freshwater),well how many do we have
biggrin.gif

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gardening (so very good for the soul), DIY (so very good for the relationship :D), computer gaming (not so good for the blood pressure sometimes), reading (great for the mind and the spirit).

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
reading - been getting back into a lot of sword-swinging fantasy after a many-year hiatus. Also been researching some possible new hobbies like making bows and arrows...

scuba diving, altho that's gonna be on hold for a while since my wife and diving partner had a mishap involving her finger and a table saw. gonna be a while before it's healed up enough to get into the water again.

metal-working, i've got a bit of a hobby/business making silver pendants and rebuilding sword hilts and scabbards.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I like messing with the computers -- right now I am trying to learn about Java -- the language from Sun.

I also enjoy drinking coffee at the coffee houses -- and seeing all of the young haX0r kidz in there with their tattoos and their peircings.

The weight lifting gym -- this is much fun! I go to a real rowdy gym, you don't have to be quiet or anything, just grab some weights and have at it! Old school style!!!

Oh, and I also like long walks in the park at sunset, hahahahahahaha!!!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Reading, playing with my dog, needlework, bicycling (trying to get back into it, anyway).

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
reading, sleeping, spending time with my wife and cats

trying to keep the skunks and racoon from eating all of the garden

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Right now I'm riding horses and motorcycles. Reading James Bond books, and building swords.

In the recent past I've done ballroom dancing, scuba diving, and that sort of stuff.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Almost exactly what tshadowchaser does sans the skunk and racoon problems...

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When I'm not working, I like to unwind by reading, writing, sewing, needlework and puttering around in my garden with the cats as "helpers".

Other than that my life is devoted to the family, including the furry ones.

OP
ackks10

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I like messing with the computers -- right now I am trying to learn about Java -- the language from Sun.

I also enjoy drinking coffee at the coffee houses -- and seeing all of the young haX0r kidz in there with their tattoos and their peircings.

The weight lifting gym -- this is much fun! I go to a real rowdy gym, you don't have to be quiet or anything, just grab some weights and have at it! Old school style!!!

Oh, and I also like long walks in the park at sunset, hahahahahahaha!!!

you need help,:caffeine:LOL

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I'm not working, I like to unwind by reading, writing, sewing, needlework and puttering around in my garden with the cats as "helpers".

Other than that my life is devoted to the family, including the furry ones.

Sounds pretty idyllic, Girlbug. Oddly, given my penchant for computers and internet fora, I am at my most peaceful when I'm on my own in the middle of a wood somewhere. If all I can hear is wind in the trees and birdsong I'm a happy and relaxed man :D.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sukerin,

It's idyllic compared to training perhaps.

But then my training schedule is about 70% of my social life, because as a confirmed introvert, that is about as much extraversion as I can comfortably handle.

It sounds as if you live near a lovely wilderness. If I could, I would too:)

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Playing with my twin boys (they will be 7 next month), reading, playing on the computer (at martial arts sites, DC comics sites, and Japanese Sentai <Power Ranger> sites).
Also, on occasion, I pick a random subject and learn about it. Usually it is an animal or insect, but this time I am working on learning knots.

AoG

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I've been known to drive miles to ride my mountain bike around in the woods (though not often enough of late :( ), read voratiously, spend too much time on the internet, and I do woodworking.

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
i go to the gym, read, and write. I am currently perfecting my first novel in a series so i can get it published. I finished the sequel of it and stopped writing the third to get the first novel published and i finished a poetry book.

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
reading - been getting back into a lot of sword-swinging fantasy after a many-year hiatus. Also been researching some possible new hobbies like making bows and arrows...

scuba diving, altho that's gonna be on hold for a while since my wife and diving partner had a mishap involving her finger and a table saw. gonna be a while before it's healed up enough to get into the water again.

metal-working, i've got a bit of a hobby/business making silver pendants and rebuilding sword hilts and scabbards.
I think you would like my books FC because they are sword-swinging fantasies.:duel:

Latest Discussions