Beside the martial arts? Do you have other hobbies that you enjoy?

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Spending time with the family, riding the FZ1 (zoomy motorcycle), rock climbing when the chance arises.

I tend to read alot more here in Iraq than I do at home...less distractions that are more fun than what I am doing at the time.

KenpoBruce2006

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am a musician. Play drums and sing. I also build custom drums from scratch. Spending time with my wife and online computer gaming.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shooting air rifle competitions and now .22 competitions as well. :)

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This sounds so very sad: I no longer have any hobbies besides kenpo.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I like spending time with my family, hiking, camping, boogie boarding, swimming, roller blading, snow skiing.....just about anything outdoors. Oh- and I collect ocean stuff and old keys!! :)

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sword collecting, target shooting, videography, playing videogames, bothering my cats...

I used to play the piano, flute, and saxaphone as a child, but haven't practiced seriously since I graduated from high school.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Walking with my wife and the hounds.
Reading - just finished Stephen King's "Cell"
Watching the NY Giants football team

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well mine in this order
Speading time with my family
Fishing & camping
Texas hold Em
Training
Training
and then again Training
Terry

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yep,

Hunting,
Fishing,
Paintball,
Camping,
Cruising (at sea and the islands),
Shooting,
Bike riding,
hiking,
Reading,
Snorkeling,
Going to the beach

I would love to start inline skating (never did that before).

Would also like to get current again for flying. I have my pilot's license. My son wants me to take him flying.

That is about it, in no certain order.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fishing! Oh man do I LOVE to fish. All types; fly (even though I stink at it yet), stream casting, small lake/pond with hand made boat, Large lake with my antique 18' Lone Star boat, salt water. If it has a line and fish involved I'm game for it.

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would have to say....umm... Tennis. Tennis is a freakin hard game and man is it a challenge. Takes all your concentration to keep the ball in play, drop the right kind of spin and out play your opponent. Nothing like dropping a good top spin serve so the ball kicks up towards your opponents face and see them cringe away. Thats fun.,..

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I make knives and swords, garden, read, write poetry, short stories and have semi-succesfully sold an as yet unpublished novel. My wife and I are avid campers, hikers,orienteers, mountaineers, bikers, kayakers, triathletes, and I run in ultra-martahons. We used to do mountain search and rescue, but we don't have time....

I garden, play chess, sing, play a bunch of musical instruments.

and I worry alot.....

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
beau_safken said:
I would have to say....umm... Tennis. Tennis is a freakin hard game and man is it a challenge. Takes all your concentration to keep the ball in play, drop the right kind of spin and out play your opponent. Nothing like dropping a good top spin serve so the ball kicks up towards your opponents face and see them cringe away. Thats fun.,..
I agree! I played for over 22 years. My favorite was putting a flat serve right down the centerline so fast that the ball was past my opponent before they even had enough reaction time to see it.:lol2:

For the record, I hated you top spin guys. Always made me look bad when I got "faced" with one o' those. :rolleyes:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Outdoorsmanship
Various types of needlework

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Riding my Bicycle and also my Motorcycle.

I like to play RPG's.

Read books

Paint Miniatures when I have the time (* Not much of that recently *)

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I like to fish! Its good to be able to borrow a boat from work and head out on the high seas!
I also do Jigsaw puzzles.

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Gemini said:
I agree! I played for over 22 years. My favorite was putting a flat serve right down the centerline so fast that the ball was past my opponent before they even had enough reaction time to see it.:lol2:

For the record, I hated you top spin guys. Always made me look bad when I got "faced" with one o' those. :rolleyes:

I mostly started using top spin serves out of utility. I couldn't hit a nice hard serve without going outside the service box. The top spin serve really helps me keep it in play and freak the hell out of people that have no idea what I am doing. I'm workng on putting a little side rotation on the ball to kick the ball towards the backhand side, but its sure not easy :D

That's hella cool to see another MA tennis player Woot!!

Latest Discussions