SAVE The Sea Kittens!!

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Punisher, PETA considers all economic use of animals to be exploitation and evil. They believe that animals, all animals, deserve rights and considerations equal to human beings. They oppose the keeping of pets as slavery. One of their sayings is "A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy." That is, they believe in a complete moral equivalence between all four.

I can agree with one of those statements. The relationship between me and my cat is one of abject slavery. I'm the slave. Usually "miserable slave". On rare occasions "Adequate slave".

That doesn't make sense at it's basic levels. So in there thinking, as you put it, all are equal. Then all animals feed on other life forms to survive. Predators eat other animals all the time. Primates even use primitive tools to help them get bugs out of trees etc. So what is the difference if we eat animals as well?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm shocked

I would think kittens would be tender enough to not require anhour of simmering. Adult cats, sure... but kittens? That's why we eat baby animals, because they are more tender.

What you find with cats is that due to their diet and metabolism, it takes a while for the flesh to become properly tender-even with kittens. If, of course, one has raised a kitten strictly for eating, only feeding it milk and occasional bread, then an hour probably isn't necessary.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a member of PETA....
P..eople who
E..at
T..astey
A..nimals

You know...we may be hurting some veggetables feelings as well. Plants are alive..they're living things... and should have rights just like us. We should be more civilized at this stage in our development and should only eat synthetic mush.

SOILENT GREEN IS PEOPLE.....IT'S PEEEOOOOOPPPPLLLLLEEEEEE!!!!!!

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a member of PETA....
P..eople who
E..at
T..astey
A..nimals

You know...we may be hurting some veggetables feelings as well. Plants are alive..they're living things... and should have rights just like us. We should be more civilized at this stage in our development and should only eat synthetic mush.

SOILENT GREEN IS PEOPLE.....IT'S PEEEOOOOOPPPPLLLLLEEEEEE!!!!!!

Carrot Juice is Murder - The Arrogant Worms

Listen up brothers and sisters, come hear my desperate tale
I speak of our friends of nature, trapped in the dirt like a jail
Vegetables live in oppression, served on our tables each night
The killing of veggies is madness, I say we take up the fight
Salads are only for murderers, cole slaw's a fascist regime
Don't think that they don't have feelings, just 'cause a radish can't
scream

I've heard the screams of the vegetables (scream scream scream)
Watching their skins being peeled (Having their insides revealed)
Grated and steamed with no mercy (burning off calories)
How do you think that feels (bet it hurts really bad)
Carrot Juice constitutes murder (and that's a real crime)
Greenhouses prisons for slaves (let my vegetables grow)
It's time to stop all this gardening (it's as dirty as hell)
Let's call a spade a spade (is a spade is a spade...)

I saw a man eating celery, so I beat him black and blue
If he ever touches a sprout again, I'll bite him clean in two
I'm a political prisoner trapped in a windowless cage
'cause I stopped the slughter of turnips by killing three men in a rage
I told the judge when he sentenced me, this is my finest hour
I'd kill those farmers again just to save one more cauliflower

How low as people do we dare to stoop
Making young broccoli's bleed in the soup
Untie your beans, uncage your tomatoes, let ptted plants free
Don't mash that potatoe

I've heard the screams of the vegetables (scream scream scream)
Watching their skins being peeled (fates in the stir fry are sealed)
Grated and steamed with no mercy (you fat gourmet slob)
How do you think that feels (leave them out in the fields)
Carrot Juice constitutes murder (V8's genocide)
Greenhouses prisons for slaves (yes your compost's a grave)
It's time to stop all this gardening (take up macrame)
Let's call a spade a spade (is a spade is a spade...)
Power to the peas
Give peas a chance
All we are saying is give peas a chance

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tool - Disgustipated said:
And the angel of the Lord came unto me,
snatching me up from my
place of slumber,
and took me on high,
and higher still until we
moved in the spaces betwixt the air itself.
and he bore me unto a
vast farmland of our own midwest,
and as we descended cries of
impending doom rose from the soil.
one thousand, nay, a million
voices full of fear.
and terror possessed me then.
and I begged,

"Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"
And the angel said unto me,
"These are the cries of the carrots,
the cries of the carrots.
You see, reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day
and to them it is the holocaust."
And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat
like the tears of one millions terrified brothers
and roared,
"Hear me now,
I have seen the light,
they have a consciousness,
they have a life,
they have a soul.
damn you!
let the rabbits wear glasses,
save our brothers...can I get an amen?
can I get a hallelujah? thank you, Jesus.

life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on...
this is necessary
:p

Whitebelt

Blue Belt
Reaction score
f-Shark-Cat-3136.jpg

Whitebelt

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Although this whole "Sea kitten" thing is really stupid, I do think its a good idea to spread awareness about the trouble certain fish species are in. As a fisherman I have no qualms about keeping a bagful of fish for the pot but I am also worried about the trouble bluefin tuna is in, it IS something that needs to be adressed, but hey..."Sea Kittens"...christ thats idiotic, they must be really starved of ideas.

As for the whole issue of whether fish feel pain or not, I've read of reserch that proves they cant and reserch that proves they can, personally I dont beleive they can because they dont react differently to being hooked in different parts of the mouth. A whiting I caught through the eyeball reacted in the same manner as one nicked in the cheek.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Conservation of an endangered species is another pursuit - and a completely rational one. The problem is that these concerns tend to be championed by the kind of wild-eyed zealots who, given a different upbringing, would be standing on the corner with a bible and a megaphone accosting the passersby. You can't convince people that your cause is a good one if in your passion you've already convinced them that you're incapable of rational thought.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Conservation of an endangered species is another pursuit - and a completely rational one. The problem is that these concerns tend to be championed by the kind of wild-eyed zealots who, given a different upbringing, would be standing on the corner with a bible and a megaphone accosting the passersby. You can't convince people that your cause is a good one if in your passion you've already convinced them that you're incapable of rational thought.
Yep, or when they throw paint onto a $2,000.00- $3000.00 fur coat and call you a murderer for eating a hamburger.
Save endangered species yes, but don't go telling me I'm cruel for wanting to eat.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yep, or when they throw paint onto a $2,000.00- $3000.00 fur coat and call you a murderer for eating a hamburger.
Fur's not really my thing, but if that happened to me I *would* be a murderer... :p

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense at it's basic levels. So in there thinking, as you put it, all are equal. Then all animals feed on other life forms to survive. Predators eat other animals all the time. Primates even use primitive tools to help them get bugs out of trees etc. So what is the difference if we eat animals as well?

And growing a soybean means destroying habitat that something could live in, killing bugs that want to eat the soybean and so on. I'm hoping that they take the next logical step, become devout Jains and starve themselves to death.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tell me this is a joke.

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/about.asp

People don't seem to like fish. They're slithery and slimy, and they have eyes on either side of their pointy little heads—which is weird, to say the least. Plus, the small ones nibble at your feet when you're swimming, and the big ones—well, the big ones will bite your face off if Jaws is anything to go by.

Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy—stat. Whoever was in charge of creating a positive image for fish needs to go right back to working on the Britney Spears account and leave our scaly little friends alone. You've done enough damage, buddy. We've got it from here. And we're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?

http://www.fishinghurts.com/

Many people have never stopped to think about it, but sea kittens are smart, interesting animals with their own unique personalities—just like the dogs and cats that we share our homes with. Did you know that sea kittens can learn to avoid nets by watching other sea kittens in their group and that they can recognize individual "shoal mates"? Some sea kittens gather information by eavesdropping on others, and some—such as a type of South African sea kittens that lays eggs on leaves so that they can be carried to a safe place—even use tools.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to start my own PETA group.

People for the Edible Tastiness of Animals.

We'll wage a campaign to change the name of "Fish/Sea Kittens" to simply "Food"

Funds will be raised by hosting a dog walk/pooch costume contest in the old PETA's parking lot. The will also be a bacon eating contest and a fur fashion show. A portion of the proceeds will go to the families of injured workers in chicken factories.

Zyaga

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to start my own PETA group.

People for the Edible Tastiness of Animals.

We'll wage a campaign to change the name of "Fish/Sea Kittens" to simply "Food"

Funds will be raised by hosting a dog walk/pooch costume contest in the old PETA's parking lot. The will also be a bacon eating contest and a fur fashion show. A portion of the proceeds will go to the families of injured workers in chicken factories.

Where do I sign up!? :D

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I emailed P.E.T.A. this:

Dear P.E.T.A.
I was wondering with the campaign aainst animal cruelty if we can expand it to Video game animals and cartoons animals. I feel if we did try to protect them we can identify with children better. I think this is a postive direction to show how cartoons animals and video game animals mgiht feel pain too. Please let me know if this is a possible idea.

I wait for their reply!!

Latest Discussions