True masters Don't worry about rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Knifehand

RRouuselot said:
If you don't like reading something then don't...... You see your “snipe” about “childish bickering” was just as off topic as what you were whining about....so you that makes you a hypocrite
Yeah...So? It doesn't make my point any less valid.

K

Knifehand

Well Rob...What i was saying, is that if you two want to argue...Get an Instant messenger and go fist to cuff there. This was a good thread, until people got opinionated. so why don't we get back on topic? Shall we?

K

Knifehand

RRouuselot said:
There is a difference between credibility and validity. You can't trust a hypocrite do what they say they are going to do, but they have opinions just like you do, Rob. ::shakes head:: :bird:

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I guess your emotions have clouded your mind since I [font=&quot]purposely [/font]just got you to do what you were berating someone else for doingÂ…Â…and that is argue on this thread.

Maybe you should take your own advice an use the PM function.

K

Knifehand

RRouuselot said:
I guess your emotions have clouded your mind since I just got you to do what you were berating someone else for doing.
I'm not arguing with you...I was just keeping up foreign relations... you know... the finger..:bird: :2xbird:

I glad you get some sort of pleasure out this. My emotions (cuz your an expert on my emotions, really :bs1: are fine... i'm just tired... its early here...

K

Knifehand

RRouuselot said:
Maybe you should take your own advice an use the PM function.
ok... you are going to wish you didn't say that one.... LOL

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
YaÂ….well anywayÂ… :rolleyes: back to the topic at hand.

After reading most of the replies on this thread I think most people agree that a belt doesn’t make you a “master”. It represents what you may have been exposed to and what you should know.

F

Fbettincourt

...and you would think that there would have been some kind of character built over time.

FB

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen....This topic is getting off track! Before it gets shut down, please stay on the topic at hand.

Mike

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Back to the topic, If a person is truely not concern about Rank then they would never be called Master or Grand Master. At my school no ones calls me Master they call me subnanum which means instructor or Sir for respect purpose only. I do not care if anyone calls me Master for my Master is GOD and only GOD. Now at tournaments and seminars I will give people the respect they need or feels they need but for me, I do not need that titleI just need there respect for my training.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Most of us like to have the use of color of belts to show the sign of progress we have earn. . For those who mention the colors should be use for measurement of progress? , this is a good idea. Most students like this method of measurement. Easier for other instructors who come in to help teach also.

As for true Masters? Most of them, don''t think the color/belts is important. Your reputation,respectability will come as you progress in life. This is earn.
A good book to read is "Musushi" about a true master. .....Aloha

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Much of what we call oursleves or what we want to be called is dictated by what is happening around us. If a person of high rank is called by his/her first name in class he/she may be called Master by those same students at formal gatherings.
Now if you meet someone and ask ther name and they tell you " you may call me MASTER such and such" then I think that person is on a ego trip.
As for what rank they are again it may depend upon ego and how important a peron wants to be or feel they are . This can be with in an organisation or to other martial arts people.
I know a few people who go around with a BIG name tage that says "GRANDMASTER' on the front of their uniform. However the people I have met over the years that where truly the head of their organisations and true Grandmasters NEVER would have done such a thing. Hell have of them only introduced themsleves by their first name to most folks. When you observed these individuals and how their students addressed them and how others addressed them and interacted with them there was no doubt who had rank and who deserved it.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, we should be more concerned with the knowledge that we have rather than the rank around ones waist. Granted, things are much different from the past, so today people want or use that rank as a status. In a class setting, where you have various ranks, its used to distinguish beginners thru advanced.

However, just because someone is wearing a BB with 8 stripes on it, it does not make that person a Superman. I would rather have 2 stripes and know my material, know that I can make it work, etc. than have those 8 stripes, and be very poor with the material.

Mike

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I only did what i was told to do regaurding the ryute in our school's tittle...so I left it in. When you started gripeing i told my sensei of this and he said he would speak to Oyata (the first time) the second time I asked him..'Did you talk to Oyata about ryute being in our tittle?" He told me he hadn't yet....so I urged him to call. So he did the next day and spoke with him about getting the rights to use it. Robert, you do not have any power over me, and I personally do not like you..but that doesn't mean that we insult and slander one another on a public board...It seems like every thread you on it gets shut down...because of you being a bully....

This thread is only a note to all Practitioners to not worry about your belt color, when you know what you need to know you will progress...your belt will change on its own if you just devote yourself to the arts

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sin said:
1)[font=&quot] [/font]I only did what i was told to do regaurding the ryute in our school's tittle...so I left it in. When you started gripeing i told my sensei of this and he said he would speak to Oyata (the first time) the second time I asked him..'Did you talk to Oyata about ryute being in our tittle?" He told me he hadn't yet....so I urged him to call. So he did the next day and spoke with him about getting the rights to use it. 2

2)[font=&quot] [/font]Robert, you do not have any power over me, and I personally do not like you..but that doesn't mean that we insult and slander one another on a public board...It seems like every thread you on it gets shut down...because of you being a bully....

This thread is only a note to all Practitioners to not worry about your belt color, when you know what you need to know you will progress...your belt will change on its own if you just devote yourself to the arts

1)[font=&quot] [/font]I see you still havenÂ’t figured out how to use the PM function. If you want to discuss this with me send my an email or PM.

2)[font=&quot] [/font]
boohoo.gif

K

Knifehand

Sin said:
I only did what i was told to do regaurding the ryute in our school's tittle...so I left it in. When you started gripeing i told my sensei of this and he said he would speak to Oyata (the first time) the second time I asked him..'Did you talk to Oyata about ryute being in our tittle?" He told me he hadn't yet....so I urged him to call. So he did the next day and spoke with him about getting the rights to use it. Robert, you do not have any power over me, and I personally do not like you..but that doesn't mean that we insult and slander one another on a public board...It seems like every thread you on it gets shut down...because of you being a bully....

icon_ninja.gif

K

Knifehand

RRouuselot said:
1)I see you still havenÂ’t figured out how to use the PM function. If you want to discuss this with me send my an email or PM.

2)
boohoo.gif

icon_twisted.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_domokun.gif
icon_scream.gif
icon_stressed.gif

Thats what i have to say to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.