Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sorry that you all have led some safe pampered lives

No Apolgies required :)

I have not either. Hence the reason for no apology.

I have had more ACTUAL fights than I can remember. First growing up in a crappy part of town and having the misfortune of being born white
Well mine was not so crappy as to be real bad, but I was the kid with "color" in or on his skin in a predominately white area.
I also lost count, and what I count no as a fight versus a confrontation versus an altercation versus a verbal situation also is what most people count as a fight as well.

then the military
Never did the Military. You got me here. :)

then working in the bars
Did this and this can be dangerous as people try to come back for revenge. You do not remember them but they sure remember you.

if YOU havnt had the chance to test your training, consider yourself lucky, I can tell you, the experience is scary as hell.
I have said this before as well. Lucky. I wish I had been that lucky most days.

As to scary, I cannot even imagine describing it unless you have been there on your own to understand the chaos and the amount of threat to one's life.

butit DOES happen, and I have seen some great "athletes" get thier *** busted. By street fighters.

I knew a street fighter he knwe two moves. Trap hand(s) down and hit in nose. He won most of his fights as he never told you when he was going to start.

I have seen some good athelets who tried to kick but obsticles in the bar got in their way. I have seen others who trained no contact demonstrate their technique and the they other guy did not demonstrate any control. They had trained to never make contact and when required to show it they never made contact. :(

you train to leave your hands down around your waist, guess where they will go in a fight?
** Not looking - as this is not going to be pretty **

bad habits are bad

I agree bad habits are bad.

Latest Discussions