The Last Person.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How do you like teaching privates vs. teaching group classes? As I get older I find teaching a group m.a. class less interesting and less satisfying every year (though I only do it on occasion, as a sub.), yet I know it's important for the students as they need a variety of opponents to train with!

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How do you like teaching privates vs. teaching group classes? As I get older I find teaching a group class less interesting and less satisfying every year, yet I know it's important for the students as they need a variety of opponents to train with!

I like private lessons much more, adult private lessons best of all.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like private lessons much more, adult private lessons best of all.

Yeah, or semi-privates with about 3 adults who have some knowledge but stillhave things to learn from me. At 3 adults you can switch partners and I still have someone to work with during drills, and I like the dynamic of having a couple of people there. But, privates over group classes as a rule, yes.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How do you like teaching privates vs. teaching group classes? As I get older I find teaching a group m.a. class less interesting and less satisfying every year (though I only do it on occasion, as a sub.), yet I know it's important for the students as they need a variety of opponents to train with!

I really love the technical aspect with privates, but I still love group training as well. Maybe in a few years I can get out of groups and let my BB handle it on a day to day basis.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, or semi-privates with about 3 adults who have some knowledge but stillhave things to learn from me. At 3 adults you can switch partners and I still have someone to work with during drills, and I like the dynamic of having a couple of people there. But, privates over group classes as a rule, yes.

We run our private lessons with 1-4 people. We also offer lessons that are guaranteed to be 1-on-1, but a bit higher in price

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We run our private lessons with 1-4 people. We also offer lessons that are guaranteed to be 1-on-1, but a bit higher in price

I do privates and the cost is $60.00 an hour semi privates is up to three people and that is $20.00 an hour per person. I just love to teach, call me crazy it does not matter if it is a 8 year old or someone fifty. As long as they are willing to learn the material.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I definately enjoy teaching private and semi private lessons. Still our group classes are so small that it is like a big semi private.
icon6.gif

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I do privates and the cost is $60.00 an hour semi privates is up to three people and that is $20.00 an hour per person. I just love to teach, call me crazy it does not matter if it is a 8 year old or someone fifty. As long as they are willing to learn the material.

We're close ... $25 and $75

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I definately enjoy teaching private and semi private lessons. Still our group classes are so small that it is like a big semi private.
icon6.gif

I am in it for the money so give me all the people that the room can hold, pack em like a herd of cattle being led to the slaughter. Just kidding
icon10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions