Status
Not open for further replies.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
It will pick up, we just started spreading the word. The good news is, we have signed up everyone that has come through the door, the place is awesome, the classes are great. We need to steer people to the door, that is starting to happen.

Sounds like the movie scenes of grabbing people into the bars in Mexico.
icon7.gif

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I guess go with what you got first. Have the current base do a referral system for some "perks". Flyers in parking lots for grocery stores, get to the local school systems, walk around in the community and talk to those just hanging about, or issue flyers... I dunno, just some thoughts.

As a last resort--SHANGHAI!!! Drug and club! Impress into service!

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I guess go with what you got first. Have the current base do a referral system for some "perks". Flyers in parking lots for grocery stores, get to the local school systems, walk around in the community and talk to those just hanging about, or issue flyers... I dunno, just some thoughts.

As a last resort--SHANGHAI!!! Drug and club! Impress into service!

Yep, doing all of that ...

gkygrl

Green Belt
Reaction score
Good morning MT!

OMG, my partner and I had our first Combat Hapkido class yesterday and it was a BLAST. I have to say though -- my little knee (some arthritis after 3 reconstructions in the 80's) is sore from Jumping jacks mostly. I don't think the other stuff hurt it as much as those which were like direct pounding.

I think I will have to find an alternative exercise :)

Otherwise, so much fun. It is so new and I knew that we have to be patient in learning the techniques.

Tonight we should be going to another class if we are not snowed out. I'll make sure to take some Ibuprofen ahead of time. :)

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good morning MT!

OMG, my partner and I had our first Combat Hapkido class yesterday and it was a BLAST. I have to say though -- my little knee (some arthritis after 3 reconstructions in the 80's) is sore from Jumping jacks mostly. I don't think the other stuff hurt it as much as those which were like direct pounding.

I think I will have to find an alternative exercise :)

Otherwise, so much fun. It is so new and I knew that we have to be patient in learning the techniques.

Tonight we should be going to another class if we are not snowed out. I'll make sure to take some Ibuprofen ahead of time. :)

Glad you had a good time. About the JJs, try not leaving the ground, but simple stepping out and back in, alternating feet. We have some older folks that do it that way. Guess you could say they take the jump out of the jack ... LOL ... Ibuprofen helps with most.

gkygrl

Green Belt
Reaction score
Glad you had a good time. About the JJs, try not leaving the ground, but simple stepping out and back in, alternating feet. We have some older folks that do it that way. Guess you could say they take the jump out of the jack ... LOL ... Ibuprofen helps with most.

LOL - I may have to take the jump out of my jack too. My right knee is so messed up (3 out of 4 ligament tears from a motorcycle accident in the Army along with meniscus tears too). It's been repaired pretty well ... but Arthur-itis has made his home there.

MS won't stop me, neither will the knee :)

I'll have to practice your method first so I don't look silly LOL :-D

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There ... told you that would be short ... a bit of a run, a couple forms and some breathing exercises in that wonderfully fun and comfortable low horse stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions