Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
What the hail is going on around here?

I mean it's hailing like crazy here. Then blue skies. And now it is raining and really windy. What a weird day.

A good day to let the Thai restaurant do the cooking.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hope you guys get it under control again quickly - seems to have worked for you in the past. What's the vaccination % there?

Hope you guys are able to get that % up soon. All the vaccines seem to show reasonable efficacy against the known variants, so that should help end those snap lockdowns.
Thanks, yeah we've done really well in the past, and yeah fingers crossed!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The numbers for vaccines keeps going up. 73.2% of 12+ residents have at least one shot and over 60% fully vaccinated. Unfortunately, you can see a clear division on the map where you have more affluent people with rates in the mid-60s who are fully vaccinated. And down here in South King County, it's in the high 40s and low 50s. I can tell you that it's not for lack of availability. I got my shots at the hockey arena, and the vaccines are available at local pharmacies and in the mall in Auburn without an appointment.

I've also noticed that there are people who are choosing not to wear masks in stores and such. Hard to say whether they're vaccinated or not, but I'm guessing not.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Physical yesterday, blood work this morning...... just two more steps towards knee surgery
Pretty soon, you'll be tai chi all day, every day.

Speaking of Tai Chi, my mom has been doing it for over a decade now. I don't know how authentic her school is, but you can't knock the physical benefits. Her legs and core are quite strong, and her joints are in great shape. She moves like a much younger person, and is quite fit.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Pretty soon, you'll be tai chi all day, every day.

Speaking of Tai Chi, my mom has been doing it for over a decade now. I don't know how authentic her school is, but you can't knock the physical benefits. Her legs and core are quite strong, and her joints are in great shape. She moves like a much younger person, and is quite fit.

Authenticity? its taijiquan, its fine. It all depends on what you are looking get out of it, and it sounds like it is working great for her and I'm glad to hear it does 👍

And hopefully a couple months from now it will be a lot of taijiquan, push hands and taiji shuaijiao, back to bike riding and there is another martial art I may try too. But more on that later should it happen.

But I have to wait for recovery and see how it works out and how bad the other knee really is

Last edited:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
In one of our lockdowns last year I decided to do a few videos, which are not by any means groundbreaking, but are very much of stupid, weird stuff, and I used a certain character that I invented.

I decided to bring him back for this lockdown. And would love to introduce him to you guys. He has no name yet... but he gives off a very simple, vague and innocent vibe... and does many strange activities, including inventing sports, fights with bins whilst on rollerblades, and finds different locations to place a box and then steps into said box. He also loves wearing a cape.

Screenshot_20210529-205336_Gallery.jpg
received_4633358453345234.jpeg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Brother-in-law left the phone on speaker when he talked trash about his brother.
Lil Brother thinks his excrement isn't odiferous.
And his wife is a pretentious snob. 'do they think we are living in a trailer park'
Nope, it has been rubbed in with gusto that they moved into an 880.000 dollar waterfront house
And all the toys they are already accumulating (his paycheck is nice but not that nice, plus he has costly hobbies, like swilling 600 dollar a bottle whiskey)

I suddenly have the hankering to flood hubby's FB with craft projects for housewarming presents.
Like Budweiser can patio lights, pink flamingos, and Miller Highlife bottle cut to make candles or vases (I just got a wet saw, for other reasons than pettiness)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Ate well this weekend. Ribs on Saturday, homemade al pastor yesterday, and sausage and chicken gumbo tonight.

Also watched Wrath of a Man. Pretty good movie, I thought.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ate well this weekend. Ribs on Saturday, homemade al pastor yesterday, and sausage and chicken gumbo tonight.

Also watched Wrath of a Man. Pretty good movie, I thought.
I look forward to seeing that film. Loved the preview I saw.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm wondering, if after the knee replacement, and recovery, if I can start doin Sumo deadlifts. Use to love the deadlift, got a lot ot of it. But for some reason the Sumo version looks easier on the knees to me

But I will not try anything unless PT and the MD say ok

Latest Discussions