Last Poster #7

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm wondering, if after the knee replacement, and recovery, if I can start doin Sumo deadlifts. Use to love the deadlift, got a lot ot of it. But for some reason the Sumo version looks easier on the knees to me

But I will not try anything unless PT and the MD say ok
Yeah definitely build up to it I reckon :). Even Romanian Deadlifts would be a great option, takes out the knees much more (still is a slight bend).

And only going as low as your hamstring flexibility allows.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yeah definitely build up to it I reckon :). Even Romanian Deadlifts would be a great option, takes out the knees much more (still is a slight bend).

And only going as low as your hamstring flexibility allows.

Those are what I use to do, and I really like them. I will try those as well if I am cleared to do so. But I also have to consider my hips, they are not great either and I have found a regular squat stresses my hips much more than a wide legged squat.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Also watched Paper Tigers... filmed in Seattle, I guess. It was... okay. It was clearly written by someone familiar with a lot of the common MA tropes, and plays around with many of them. Most are pretty exaggerated, but it was fine. Anyone else see it?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering, if after the knee replacement, and recovery, if I can start doin Sumo deadlifts. Use to love the deadlift, got a lot ot of it. But for some reason the Sumo version looks easier on the knees to me

I need to tinker with that. With the wide stance, I might actually still be able to do those.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I need to tinker with that. With the wide stance, I might actually still be able to do those.
Same. I've got issues doing too many squats before hurting my knees, but that might work. I already do shiko instead of bodyweight squats since those are easier on my knees as well. Seems like this is pretty much the same thing plus the actual weight.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Same. I've got issues doing too many squats before hurting my knees, but that might work. I already do shiko instead of bodyweight squats since those are easier on my knees as well. Seems like this is pretty much the same thing plus the actual weight.
My problem is doing diddly-squats. That's the opposite of doing too many squats.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Worst thing I ever did was buy this Apple computer. Just got a Trojan horse again. Waiting for the techs to call me back.

I hope I didn’t infect our forum.
I’m typing from my phone now.

Apple sucks.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Worst thing I ever did was buy this Apple computer. Just got a Trojan horse again. Waiting for the techs to call me back.

Apple sucks.

Get either Trend Micro security for your Mac or get Intego Virusbarrier. Do not believe what they tell you about viruses at the Mac store. I support Macs in my office. Have had no issues with virus or Trojans

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Apple sucks.
He writes while on his iPhone. :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Anyone else watch Taskmaster? It's a panel show on in the UK, where each season, a group of five comedians compete by performing a series of random "tasks". It's hilarious. Clips can be seen on YouTube, but if you can watch a full season in order, it's even better. You get to know the contestants.

The tasks can range from goofy to creative. Some are actually great lateral thinking puzzles. The creative, outside the box thinkers tend to do very well.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh joy, because there is an ENT surgery center on the first floor of the orthopedic surgery group I have to go to, that is on the second floor...... I have to get a Covid test tomorrow.... thank you ENT group

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Depends on your body alignment. For some people, they get better knee position with sumo, for others... not so much.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, Covid test yesterday and due to pre-surgery precautions I am in quarantine this week....I don't have Covid, but they want to keep it that way
Interesting that they are this cautious even though you have been vaccinated.

Latest Discussions