Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
sometimes knowing things isn't helpful I guess.

The fillings I need these days are too big to do without.
I do salute her though, doing root canals without.

Frankly I think she's crazy to do that, and I have accused her of having a never issue.....but it is what she does..... and she tells me I'm crazy all the time

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just did a blog post, but it is waiting for approval.... apparently things need to be approved before being visible with the new software.

But this is what I posted, it is French, about the Olympic in Japan....animation with a (@Steve) Sumo wrestler.....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Just did a blog post, but it is waiting for approval.... apparently things need to be approved before being visible with the new software.

But this is what I posted, it is French, about the Olympic in Japan....animation with a (@Steve) Sumo wrestler.....

Well, I haven't read your commentary yet, but I like the video. The animation style is really interesting. Evokes the asian art aesthetic, but is also thoroughly modern. I also liked the creative way the animator wove in the various events (the basketball one was particularly good).

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, I haven't read your commentary yet, but I like the video. The animation style is really interesting. Evokes the asian art aesthetic, but is also thoroughly modern. I also liked the creative way the animator wove in the various events (the basketball one was particularly good).

There is no commentary to read, just posted in my Blog. But since it now has to await approval before it shows up, I posted it here

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I did like the modern (basketball, surfing, roller skating) but I also like the traditional "The Great Wave off Kanagawa"

1280px-Tsunami_by_hokusai_19th_century.jpg

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

This is happening to someone else and there is no way for the mods to 'approve' it, or even see that there's one waiting for approval. Definitely a glitch with the new software.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I had a glandular cyst removed behind an ear that way. The stitches sounded like they were lacing a boot in my head.
I was awake and chatting for most of a colonoscopy. The drugs made it so I didn't care much what was going on, but I do remember most of it. Was laying so I could clearly see the monitor.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Aaaaand just like that, we're back into a minimum 7 day snap lockdown. Cases started escalating rapidly and with one of the newer more infectious variants too, definitely needed to be done I think, as difficult as it will be.

Hoping you're all doing okay, it ain't over till it's over huh...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Aaaaand just like that, we're back into a minimum 7 day snap lockdown. Cases started escalating rapidly and with one of the newer more infectious variants too, definitely needed to be done I think, as difficult as it will be.

Take it easy and drink some good coffee. What do the vaccination rates look like over there? People getting the vaccines?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

7 days aren't so bad.
It stinks though.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Take it easy and drink some good coffee. What do the vaccination rates look like over there? People getting the vaccines?
Thanks heaps, got plenty of great coffee on the go at the moment.

Yeah been a pretty slow rollout from what I've heard... supply shortage and delivery problems apparently. According to a google search something like only 1.9% of the population have been vaccinated. But yeah we're doing it in phases of who needs it most to the least priority folks.

But a great deal are willing to get it, from the latest talk haha!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Yeah been a pretty slow rollout from what I've heard... supply shortage and delivery problems apparently. According to a google search something like only 1.9% of the population have been vaccinated. But yeah we're doing it in phases of who needs it most to the least priority folks.

I've been drinking a couple of different beans from papua new guinea. I really like that coffee, and it holds up to a fully city roast really well.

Regarding vaccines... that seems really low!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been drinking a couple of different beans from papua new guinea. I really like that coffee, and it holds up to a fully city roast really well.

Regarding vaccines... that seems really low!
Oh nice, yeah I've tried a PNG Wahgi AA or something like that, delicious...
There's a Burundi bean which I somehow nailed the roast, stunning flavours..

Yeah haha, I keep hearing about how many 10s of thousands of people being vaccinated each day here, but still such a long way to go. A few stuffups here and there will delay things I guess.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I've been following the news on the variants, India and Japan. So now they are in Australia. Stay safe, Stay healthy.

It is interesting though how it seems to have skipped China, don't you think ;)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hope you guys get it under control again quickly - seems to have worked for you in the past. What's the vaccination % there?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hope you guys are able to get that % up soon. All the vaccines seem to show reasonable efficacy against the known variants, so that should help end those snap lockdowns.

Latest Discussions