Last Poster #7

I live in a rental on a farm. Gave away about two hundred pounds of avocados this morning, dropped them off at the firehouse and then to some of the Maui county workers.

Bringing approximately nine hundred pounds of them to the airport today. Dropping off about the same at the food shelter tomorrow.

A man can eat only so much guac.

I have the strangest thing going on... so been having really bad stomach pains, pretty specific in the left side below the ribs (amongst other symptoms). Have had a history of reflux so thought that may be it... went to docs today and am on meds for it now.

But the strange thing... every time either I rub my left ankle or it gets rubbed on something, I feel the stomach pain instantaneously!! Have never had anything like this.. mentioned it to my doc and he couldn't figure it out... I thought initially it was cause I was crunching my body to rub my ankle, but nup, tested it out and it's just any time my ankle is rubbed.

Is there anything to that?? I was actually thinking it may be acupressure/meridian related but can't find anything... so very bizarre!
Have you had a Colonoscopy lately?

You may be thinking of a prostate check, which I HAVE had haha. One I had was relatively fine, the other I had, sheesh!
Every time the fat fingered Doc walked in the room I got nervous, no matter what instrument he intended to use! He also always had a spoon in his pocket…

I'm no doctor, but I lost one of my best friends to colo-rectal cancer. She was 47 when they diagnosed her in stage 4 and she died less than 6 months later. Don’t sleep on that colonoscopy. It’s just a thing that you need to do.

I'm no doctor, but I lost one of my best friends to colo-rectal cancer. She was 47 when they diagnosed her in stage 4 and she died less than 6 months later. Don’t sleep on that colonoscopy. It’s just a thing that you need to do.
I'm sorry for your loss mate.. that's so young too...

Thank you. It doesn't seem related to that area symptom-wise, but I'll definitely follow doctor's advice for sure if that comes up

Thank you. It doesn't seem related to that area symptom-wise, but I'll definitely follow doctor's advice for sure if that comes up
Oh sorry. Not trying to be alarmist. Just saying, don’t wait for symptoms. A colonoscopy isn’t really that big of a deal and it isn’t something to put off doing.

That’s said, she was definitely very young. She was a buddy in high school, then good friends with me and my wife when they were both pregnant. Our kids all grew up together and her youngest is still roommates with my son.

Oh sorry. Not trying to be alarmist. Just saying, don’t wait for symptoms. A colonoscopy isn’t really that big of a deal and it isn’t something to put off doing.

That’s said, she was definitely very young. She was a buddy in high school, then good friends with me and my wife when they were both pregnant. Our kids all grew up together and her youngest is still roommates with my son.
there is also Cologuard

the symptoms creep up on you, and the lower left quadrant is a popular region for that to start!

Just get it scheduled.
The recommended age is now 45 here in the US.
(in case you are wondering, yep, I had colon cancer. I did not know until I doubled over with pain. After that it went really quickly, Screening, OP, chemo....That was in October '21. I have my checkup next week, I am expecting to be 'downgraded' to yearly checks now)

Back